Thread: rock polishing stuff??

Thumbs up rock polishing stuff??

Ok guys not for sure if this is the place but here goes.
    With four wheeling this summer I have found that my wife on a gravel bar is like a hound dog on a rabbit for rocks. And while walking through the fair today i got to thinking that we could polish some of the rocks she has collected this summer. But I have no idea of where to get a tumbler polishes any idea fo what rocks will do what. But google show alot of info but find nothing of where to ge tthe supllies in the anchorage or valley area. Can some one help and send me in the right direction for what I am thinking.
    Thanks
    Larry

Try Alaska mining and diving and also the hobby shop in the Dimond Center.

Grit is cheaper at the rock shoppe in Willow on the Parks, uphill side of the road...she's open on Mondays only. Grit is also available at the little hobby shop southerly of REI on Spenard...I hear tell that there is another place near a hot dog stand that has a giant hotdog for a sign, on C??? near Diamond...sounded like some hippie crystal joint. I'll be seeing the person that told me about last this week and try to get that right back to ya.

Good luck.

Thumbs up good ideas

Ok guys i now know alaska mining and diving has stuff and seems like they could be helpfull from the phone call yesterday. the other places i will check out now. thanks for the help. And for any of you guys that do this do you have any suggestions on what size of polisher to get???
    Larry

Default Vibrating model

I use a tumbler type. It holds about a quart or more. It is not as fast as the shaker type that vibrates. I am unsure of the real names, but that's what we call 'em.
    Sounds like you have yourself a good woman. Have fun. :)
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Check out www.lortone.com for tumbling equipment. A lot of dealers are also on Ebay.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

Dont know how much you want to polish, but while working at a place that did bulk reloading they used cement mixers to polish their brass. Had 10 of them going at a time. Used a screen over 5gal buckets to catch the walnut shell. This might work for rock polishing.

Gun Runner