Thread: Electronic Predator Calls

Default Electronic Predator Calls

After a winter of using open reed and other various mouth calls I want to buy a wireless electronic coyote/wolf caller. I know almost nothing about these wireless calls but I am in the process of research and plan to buy one before August 10th. Any information or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Default Foxpro

Foxpro are generally considered top of the line in electronic callers.....but they don't come cheap. Look here for more info: www.gofoxpro.com and www.allpredatorcalls.com.

BLAST WRONG SECTION. I thought I posted this in the hunting section.

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin
    After a winter of using open reed and other various mouth calls I want to buy a wireless electronic coyote/wolf caller. I know almost nothing about these wireless calls but I am in the process of research and plan to buy one before August 10th. Any information or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    I was thinking of a electic caller but two things I will contribute is they distort some with the cold and the other is my understanding in Alaska if it takes a battery it is unlawful to use.

Default Mod/Admin Please move this thread

to the hunting section.

I have been told by numerous hunters electronic calls are legal in Alaska, and I have heard of a few people using them. I have not seen anything in the regulation book saying electronic calls are illegal. If its electronic it has to use batteries, I havent seen any wind up calls to date. I have no reason to believe I cant use one.

There will be problems with all calls in the cold. The electronic calls uses speakers which can create problems at cold temps, but mouth calls arent perfect in the cold either. All my mouth calls have frozen up in 0 to -20*F weather. Both open and closed reeds have given me problems when spiddle gets inside the call.

Default Foxpro

Don't go cheap like I did. Buy a Foxpro. Check out this website for some good advice.
    http://www.varminthunters.com/forum/index.shtml

Default FX3

I have been reading about the FX3. It sounds like the ticket but FoxPro must beleive these machines are made of gold. My goodness that one is expensive. I hear the remote gets figidty and the range isnt that great.

Default FX3

I have been reading about the FX3. It sounds like the ticket but FoxPro must beleive these machines are made of gold. My goodness that one is expensive. I hear the remote gets figidty and the range isnt that great.

Default Predation...

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin
    I have the Predation by Western Rivers... seems to work pretty well. I like the fact that I can load various MP3 files into the box (it is essentially a MP3 player with a fairly loud speaker).
    Any way, the MP3 feature means that I can create calls, use CD's, etc., and load 'em up. Not cheap, but one can use on Predators, Moose, etc.
    http://www.western-rivers.com/

http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/wild...chnologies.htm

This is the high end in predator calls. Gives you some perspective and doesn't make foxpro seem that expensive.

I have a loudmouth and am willing to sell...

Default Loudmouth

Who makes this loudmouth? I have heard a lot about it but I cant find it on the next.

Don't know if they still sell it. I haven't tried mine in a while. It sounds great but I could only get the remote to work about 30 yards away.

Only used it a couple times.

It looks like a foxpro kinda. It is a good design, but may have had some flaws in production. It was just as expensive a foxpro as well.

However, mine's cheap!

Default Adf&g

Just for reference and to clear the waters, I called the Anchorage office today and the gall said electronic calls and rangefinders are legal equipment for general hunting purposes. Page 15 of the reg book.

Thumbs up FX3

I bought a FX3 this last fall and used it all winter long in some very cold weather and had no problems with the unit . I went down to the batterie store and bought a bunch of rechargeable batts. and they will last for a while in cold temps. My sets usaly last for 45 minutes or so and i can usaly do about 4 sets before i put fresh ones in . The remote works great too, i have had it set out over 100 yards trough some brush and it responds very well. the only time the sound will distort is at full blast (wich is real loud)and the recordings they have are very realistic.I tryed a cheaper $250 call (Extreme Dimentions)and returned it after trying to screw with it for a month. It may be pricey but Mike Dillon and the guys at foxpro will back there product 100%.I think they sell them at the sportsman warehouse if you want to go play with one for a bit.

Good luck on your decision

AKpredator
    LOVE MY LITTLE SKULL CLEANERS

Another high end electronic caller is Wildlife Technologies. They advertise as the only caller with digital sound. They also advertise as having the most sounds available.
    I have one and haven't killed a thing with it, tho I did call in a lynx once. I have bull and cow moose calls, and have never been successful, at least for sure, with it. I know of people who have tho. I'm generally too busy trapping in the winter to really put the time into trying it.
    They have a website, just google Wildlife Technologie.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Default FX3

I've also got an FX3 and they are as good as they come. In addition to calling coyotes and foxes, I tried it down in the swamps last fall and called in 2 nice moose with the cow in heat call. I wanted to try it on deer in Kodiak, but the ADFG warned against it because of concern over calling in bears. They are a little spendy but the customer service is second to none. Check out this site on predator hunting and make your own decision http://www.predatormastersforums.com.

there are sites out there to build your own,,,,,Mine is wireless, which is great because you can put it 40 yards away from you.

Email or pm, if you are interested, and I can dig up the link

Try Predator Master's website. Remote control callers are an on going topic with them.