Thread: tannana flats?

Default tannana flats?

ive been pondering moose hunting in the flats. where do you put in to cross the tannana and whats the hunting like over there? ive got a 16' flat with a 50 jet and ive stayed away from silt thus far. anyone have any experience? thanks

lots of people, not to many moose, at least in Zone 2.
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
    Henry Ford

Alot of people in on Chena Pump Road. There is parking but if your are going to be gone overnight beware that every year alot of trucks are broken into. There is also pikes landing of the campgroumd on university ave. I was on the river alot this year up untill the middle of July. The water has been high this year so no trouble getting anywhere you want to go. My last boat was a 16 foot with a 50 hp jet and I never had any problems. Early in the year I saw lots of bulls but there were also camps already set up to keep the spot for hunting. It would also seem that there would be lots of people during hunting season, there sure were alot of people on the times that I was down on the river.