Thread: SD on a tunnel hull?

Default SD on a tunnel hull?

Does anyone have any experience running a surface drive motor on a tunnel hull?

What was the outcome?

Thanks

Default SD with tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerGrant View Post
    Does anyone have any experience running a surface drive motor on a tunnel hull?

What was the outcome?

Thanks
    Farmer,
    With the SD Godevil there is no advantage because the prop is behind the effect created by the tunnel. There is a small disadvantage in that with the tunnel you lose a small amount of flotation at the transome, where you need it. If the boat is long enough you'll never see a difference. Some tunnel boats are built with a 22 inch transome and the high transome GoDevil is designed for a 20 inch transome. The higher transome has to be cut down for the GoDevil SD to work properly. I don't know if the other brands of mudmotors can run with the higher transome or not,
    stu

Since we are on the topic of the hyper tunnel, have you seen any performance improvements when running a set of pods?

Thanks Stu

Default Pods

Quote Originally Posted by Chillkoot View Post
    Since we are on the topic of the hyper tunnel, have you seen any performance improvements when running a set of pods?
    I've never tried pods. All my boats are 18 to 24 foot long and I think pods would be a little redundant.

Default Arneson drive

Anyone tried one of these surface piercing drives with a tunnel? hmm