Thread: upper troublesome creek

Default upper troublesome creek

I am hiking from troublesome creek to byers next weekend and plan on bringing along the griz tag just in case. I have never done this hike before but a couple of people that I am going with have and they tell me they see bears all the time up there. I was just wondering if anyone has ever hunted up that trail and can give me any insight. Thanks

Never hiked Troublesome, but have spent a good bit of time on Byers and I almost always see brown bears along that creek.

You don't need a grizzly tag up there. And, there's a very healthy population of bears up there. I never hunted it, but have seen a large grizzly bear.

It's a tough hike. They don't call it Troublesome Creek for nothing. Good chance for a bear though.

Exclamation Tag required

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You don't need a grizzly tag up there. And, there's a very healthy population of bears up there. I never hunted it, but have seen a large grizzly bear.
    Better check the regs. You don't need a brown or griz tag for most of unit 13, But in Denali State Park you need a tag.