Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: okay anyone use Sport Hill brand

Default okay anyone use Sport Hill brand

pants from Barneys? I bought the pant in black. Have been thinking I need a wind proof layer. They are rated for 35pmh. Sheds rain and snow but not waterproof and is said they dry quickly. I am now thinking of returning the pants to get the camo ones as the jacket is only in camo. It is a little more than rivers west gear but from what I hear and read here I am not convinced to go spend that kind of money on the rivers west. So just need some input on the sport hill stuff from Barney Sport Chalet. I like the pants because they actually fit me and the jacket today felt awesome too. I am tall and skinny and need the length but not the bulk of XL. The jacket is $220 and pants $200. The pants I bought is just plain and was $140 so don't mind paying the extra to get the camo. Thanks for any help. Chris

Not sure what Sport HIll's new stuff is like, but I have had their pants for years and they are great. I usuallly use them for skiing and in winter as they are too warm for most summer activity. They are indestructible. Mine are getting old, and the only wear is at the pockets from too much stuff carried in them.

Default sporthill camo

i have the sporthill camo pants and LOVE them---as advertised---very quick to dry/quiet/comfy--also NOT an outer,waterproof garment---still need to carry Impertech---

Question Price??

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    ...The jacket is $220 and pants $200. The pants I bought is just plain and was $140 so don't mind paying the extra to get the camo. Thanks for any help. Chris
    Maybe there is a new line out that I don't know about, but I didn't think they ran that expensive. I may be wrong, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

-Buck

Default different camos

There are two different camos. The 1st color line that didn't go over well last year, has a rubber paint on appearance to it, & now the dark camo that came out this year. The old ones can be found for $100-150, while the new ones are more. I have a pair of the old camo ones & they are just fine.
    Akrstabout, give me a shout & I might be able to help with a little more insight.

Default Thanks guys for helping me make up my mind

I knew I wanted it. Don't like the price but hey it fits good and I am sold on it. Went and bought it tonight. I bought the last large they had in the jacket. Lots of extra large and xxl in pants. will have to wait to upgrade those. If not before the hunt then I will still be happy with the ones I already bought. Seen some cheaper stuff online but not the exact same style. I like to try stuff on anyways. I think it is money well spent to be comfy out in the boonys for up to but hopefully not 12 days.

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    I knew I wanted it. Don't like the price but hey it fits good and I am sold on it. Went and bought it tonight. I bought the last large they had in the jacket. Lots of extra large and xxl in pants. will have to wait to upgrade those. If not before the hunt then I will still be happy with the ones I already bought. Seen some cheaper stuff online but not the exact same style. I like to try stuff on anyways. I think it is money well spent to be comfy out in the boonys for up to but hopefully not 12 days.
    Comfort is a major part of the decision process and if you are like me, it is tough to find a good fit. I think you will be happy with what you got as far as performance in the field. Let us know what you think! Good Luck!
    -Buck

Default I use them

I use them they are tough, stretch and dry quick. I only wish the pockets were deeper. All your hunting junk falls out every time you sit if you don't zip them. I'm going to deepen the pockets on mine and add cargo pockets on each side. I used the new Sitka gear 90 degree pants and mountain shirt and loved them they where great in cold wet weather.

Default Sporthill link

Here is a deal on the camo sporthills.
    http://milemarkersports.com/product....=1651&gender=m
    Steve

Thumbs up Good Deal!

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Here is a deal on the camo sporthills.
    http://milemarkersports.com/product....=1651&gender=m
    Steve
    That is a good deal! Does anyone know if they make them in size small?

-Buck

I used the camo expedition pants on my sheep hunt a couple weeks ago. Thought they might be too warm for an August hunt but I wore them every day and thought they were just right for the climate. Actually I used them all winter here in WI and I like them a lot. I bought a second pair in black because they're so comfortable. Got the camos last Sept. from Milemarker and the blacks last winter on clearance from REI. I don't think REI still carries them. Mine have worn like iron but my cousin, who was along on the sheep hunt, ripped his brand new black sporthills on the first day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Hey guys just a little FYI

I returned my Sport Hill stuff due to size and camo configuration not being available here in town. I went into Mountain View Sports on saturday and they carry it now. They have had for a very short time and said they nothing about it. I told them I already know I want it. They had the jacket in my size but same problem with the pants being the wrong size. I needed a Large Long. I talked to a guy at the gun counter. He said he would call monday and see if they had any available. He called me during lunch and the factory had just recieved them. They are mailing them priority for me to MVS. Online and everywhere in town is $199 for the pants and $220 for the jacket. MVS had them both for $175 a piece. They ordered my size with shipping as only $8 more. I was very happy. He said they should get an order soon. I just could not wait. Cutting it close the way it is. Cheapest by far, unless the you get the old style camo. Which I considered but could only find it in mediums online. Hope this helps someone. Will give a report when I get back in three weeks or sooner. Thanks again for the info and help in convincing myself to buy. Looking in cabela this stuff seems cheap compared to some the stuff they sell, most has no reviews too.

The older style camo pants feel a little stiff at first but after wearing them on my hunt last year the stiffness is gone and they are nice and soft. I love these things andwould love to get the jacket but the camo pattern is to dark for my tastes. I'll have to swing by MVS and see how they wear and fit, might change my mind if they feel right.

Question link for the new camo pattern??

Anyone have a link to the new camo? What are your thoughts? I was going to bite on the old ones, but would like to hear about the new pattern first.

Thanks!

Default Oh Man...who picked that???

Not sure I care for that pattern too much. I like the old spray paint on pattern better. I'm not sure why manufacturers tend to stay with the dark stuff. I'm not a big "camo" guy, but I try to stay away from black as much as possible too...can't have the best of both worlds I guess.

So, for those of you that have seen both or used both...ist the advantage of the new pants with the "in-fabric" pattern better or worse than the "spray-on"?

My choice of "camo" didn't seem to matter to the caribou. I'm wearing a pair of Patagonia Guide Pants. They're not quite as "soft" as the Sporthills, but I liked the fit better and I'd definitely buy another pair.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

Default Pockets

The new ones have cargo pockets on the legs, plus still have the pockets the old ones did. I had the old ones and picked up a pair of the new ones.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Default they say it is a better camo

they say the old style can crack and start to peal off. The new stuff is dyed on. The new style is supposed to breath better since not the paint type. I don't think there is any more old style in town but maybe. I am sold on the new stuff. Jacket fits nice, awesome actually. I am 6'3" and 160#. Hard to find good clothes that actually fit. The large long pants are very nice and actually the seller for me. The crotch is on these pants are where they should be, not down by me knees. Both are pretty slim fitting which is first for me too. Usually buying a size larger to try and get the inseem length and sleeve length. I think the new camo is pretty cool. I bought all new clothes for my hunt. All synthetic and pretty tight to snug fitting on all layers then the new top layer which is not quite snug but nice and sleek. I will be able to layer between 2 to 4 layers. First time actually this way. Can't wait to give it all a try.

Default pants came in today

I must say I highly recomond them, MVS that is. I guess Sporthill company too. They had them available monday. I told MVS to order them. Stopped in later that day to pre pay for the item. Picked up today as they-sporthill charged me $8 for shipping on regular usps 4-5 days. The sales rep at sporthill shipped them 2nd day air at no extra charge. Between the guy at the gun counter and the Lady with the Sporthilll company I am mighty impressed. I will say they are cheaper any where in town and even anywhere on line from all the places I have seen. MVS has a few large jackets, x large jackets. Not sure about anything larger than that. In the pants they had large regular and x larger regular and maybe xx large. All in the new camo and all at $175 each.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast