Thread: Are You Ready

Default Are You Ready

1 Week and counting! The Birds in Prudhoe are flocking up and really moving around testing the new feathers. There seems to be geese everywhere. A couple pictures to get the blood pumping!

Default I am

I was out at my duck shack today getting some things ready (beluga area) n found a ton of birds i thought the flock size was unusal for this time of year. ducks together in the hundereds.

Default Argh...

Here I am in Cordova and all my gear is in home in Homer. My relief won't be here, so two weeks of overtime isn't bad, but I'd like to at least have my scattergun and a dozen decoys and my calls. Looks like I'm going to miss moose season too....ARGH!!!!

Great pics and thanks for the update..I saw a ton of Geese and Cranes at Creamers today and my Choclate Lab started drooling,so we had to cut to viewing short
    Can ya send some Pintails this way,I need to shoot a pair to get mounted.Thanks.Daniel

grizzeyes

thanks fur the pics Dan, nice pintail. i know where there are 50 teal and some widgeon hanging out on the mighty Kenai. I might try the river and see if me and my lab can't scratch out our first limit on the river. Or i might try skilak

Hey Waldo what are you doing in Cordova. If you want to hunt we can definitely arrange that. I've got guns, boats, and dekes. This is my first season here though so I can't guarantee anything other than watching the horizon as the sun comes up, but it beats work!

Default well done Raven

Nice pictures. Even though we leave for the lake on Friday to be ready for the opener you have my heart just beating! Oh, to be out there now would be awesome.
    We will be expecting to work on puddle ducks and the occasional goose passing through. Evenings will normally find us on a sandbar looking or cranes and geese. If luck is with us we might even find a mixed bags of specks and canadas geese.
    Will be there with my 17 year old son, 13 year old daughter (her first year of wing shooting) and 2 of their friends. Sure hope my old man lab gets to be busy bringing back birds. I'm glad I saw your presentation. It reminds me to bring the digital camera and the video camera too. It will mean more to me to get footage of the kids than to kill birds myself.

Default I'm Gone

Oh yeah. By the time you read this I will have already left.

gotta get some more decoy weights and strings together then I'll be set! This place is loaded with teal right now!
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

So where is everyone headed for opening day??? Just wanna make sure i get there before you do... heeehe eeee

a bowhunting only spot, belive me I'll be the only one there!
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Good luck with that!!! That is something i have never tried.. would be fun though.. A little more of a challenge than a 3" magnum