Thread: North Slope River Hunting Access

Default North Slope River Hunting Access

Was wondering if anyone had ever attempted to go up the Ribdon River from the Sag near pump station 3. We did a drop hunt last year about 15-20 miles up the Ribdon. We crossed the Ribdon several times in waders and had to work pretty hard to find water that was below our knees.

So has anyone tried to work there way up this river?? Interested in hearing how it went. We have inflatables and prop outboards available. An Achilles white water raft and a Walker Bay inflatable. So......what do you think?

Thanks,

Wow, I guess no one has ever checked out the Ribdon River drainage before, at least no one willing to talk about it. I would sure appreciate any input. Hasn't someone been out the Ribdon up to Elusive Lake?? It comes in right near pump station 3

Try contacting AK Nimrod...I think he knows a little about this via canoe and maybe a jet boat.

Default Dragging

thats what you will be doing. Maybe on a very wet year you could get a small jet up it, water levels very drasticly and you could very easily be stranded

Default low water

Quote Originally Posted by akhunter02 View Post
    thats what you will be doing. Maybe on a very wet year you could get a small jet up it, water levels very drasticly and you could very easily be stranded
    Very true! Last year we came out on the sag in September and in places we were running the airboat on wet gravel. If we had been in a jet boat we would have been stranded and unable to get within a mile of the launch.
    I would hate to have to come back and pick my boat up in the spring.

Thanks for the input guys, it looks like the Ribdon may not be a good choice, especialy this year with the low water levels.

Thanks again,
    John

Default water level

sent u a pm