Thread: C&S Charters..

Default C&S Charters..

Does anyone want to hook-up and go for a run to C&S for a hunt? Sure would like to try them out and maybe not go alone as usual for once.Daniel

Default cns goose hunt

hey daniel it seems to me if you go the second or third week of september
    is when we had the best luck mostly cranes but they tast allot better than goose anyways.probly couldnt go to delta with you but always
    looken for people to duck hunt with in the valley .

Exclamation C&S Hunt

Hey Daniel,
    PM me and give me the particulers. I would be up for a shared trip. Like you, I get tired of hunting alone. Let me know what you think.
    Ed Sleater
    Anchorage

Default charter hunt

I am new to Anchorage and would love to go along with someone that knows the area. What are the particulars for the hunt. Price, location things like that.

Hey Fellas...
    I dont know the particulars 'cept what I read here on the forums.It is my understanding that they charge $75.00 a head and you hunt out of blinds.
    Personally Ive yet to do this,but am hoping to give it a try once or twice or
    This is the info I have right now...
    C & S Charters
    907-488-2589.

I dont know If you fellas from way down in the Valley really want to come up this far for a Crane/Goose shoot,but hey If ya want to lets call and make a date for a day over in Delta.Daniel

How far from Anchorage is it?? I'm always up for a road trip!! I'm new to Alaska so anywhere is ok with me. I usually hunt in Mississippi and sout Texas. This weather is A LOT better!!!

They are out of Delta,In-fact Im gonna call em right now,as Ive seen tons of Cranes flying over Wainwright today headed thataway.Daniel

How long of a drive is that from Anchorage? I wouild defenitely like to do it and make a weekend trip out of it. I am going solo tomorrow just to see what i can get.. Not real sure where to go around here that is walk in accessible. I'll give it a shot anyway. Let me know what you find out from C&S.l
    Brian

Brian,
    Delta is way up here in the Interior,your talking hours and hours of driving.Anyhow C&S will call me back sometime today as they left a message on my phone.Daniel

Default C&S

Daniel,
    Let me know what they tell you & what your plans are. We were thinking of driving up Friday night & trying to hit it Sat or Sun of next week, never done the crane thing but sounds like fun.

ok! I'll get back with you as we had already talked and she was on her way out the door on her way to Delta to team up and help out with her husband.
    We talked shortly and decided to wait until Monday when I'll get an update from them on the birds.
    Also they will only have the Farm until Sept 30th so the Buffalo hunters can have it next.
    Prices have gone up since last year and are now $75.00 per person,your set up in blinds over decoys and are allowed to move them accordingly if need be,and I think half was due at reservation time and then they'll give you a map or directions on where your blind is located and then the rest is due just before you leaving for the hunt,so its all paid up front before your actual hunt.
    Ive seen tons of Cranes flying over Wainwright headed that way and today I did not see any flying around,but did see some Geese coming from the east.

Hope this helps you out.Daniel

Default C&S Charters

I hunted one of their blinds last year. Nice little set up, and their blinds are well spread out in a field or two. They had plenty of decoys at the blind I was in. I parked behind a windrow and it was a 5 minute walk to the blind.

I got skunked as the birds were not moving in the a.m. and p.m. I had other plans so I was not able to do another day, or their reservations were booked for the next weekend.

The C&S Charters is set up on my dads farm. As f right now if the sun stays out the grain should hopefully turn so that there is going to be some good field hunting. I talked with ED the other day and he had mentioned if i had more chuckars and pheasants that he would by them from me for a fill in for out there, and now i'm wishing i had. but if dad's fields don't pan all the way out i've got a few other spots i'm thinking on trying out. There has been small flocks of geese flying around down here but not many or as there should be.

mike

Daniel, Lets hook it up to do a hunt in those fields and also get some of the chuckars from Mike......

Im up for it bowtech.I havent talked with C&S yet this year.Last years hunt was cool! had the wife out there and we had Geese fly right over our blind.Im not a Goose hunter so I dont know If I was using the right shot or not,but whatever the case we had a ball and where back the same night.

Actually we shot a few Grouse on the way back home also.

Just get ahold of them when you can and let me know when. My schedule in September is kinda unforeseen with everyone deploying but Im sure we can find a good time. Sounds like a good time if the birds are there....

Roger that.My schedule is iffy also for the 1st two weeks of Sep.But I'll call em and see how things are going.I did see a few Cranes flying yesterday when I was looking for birds,so keep your fingers crossed.Daniel

p.s.I just got a hold of there son,they'll call me later tonight.

Delta just AINT what it used to be.

i know this is a old tread but thought i would try im headed out for c&s tonight for a saturday morning hunt any info on the birds down that way

Hunted last week end. Some birds, not lots, but nothing hitting decoys. They were mostly high flying. Plenty of cranes but not decoying well. No buddy I talked with was having much success. Our party never had a shot at a goose in 3 days, which is hard to believe seeing we sat in the blinds 12 hours a day. Dissapointed, yes but heading back the week for another go. It has to get better. I have been there when we were covered in birds......Guess thats huntin