Thread: denali highway for moose?

Default denali highway for moose?

i'm looking for input i'm trying to plan a 4 day hunt for my dad and I for moose. the denali highway keeps popping up. was thinking of going in from the Parks side and trying to hunt the area between the reindeer hills and the nenna river. we would be using atv's and rifles. it would be after the 1st so general harvest moose will be open in 13E. how is other game in the area? we did not get drawn for tier II. so bou is out but what about bear? possibly fowl and small game?

You would have a decent chance of running across a grizzly, and a slight chance of a black bear. Grizzlies up there are 1/year, and you don't need a tag other than your regular hunting license. There are plenty of ducks on the small ponds around there, though I've never tried to hunt them. You can also expect some decent ptarmagin hunting if you're up high, spruce grouse down low. The moose hunters hit that area in force, but hey...somebody has to be the successful one, so it may as well be you!

sportsman im doing about the same thing sep 2/7 with my dad on denali highway. Dads after the grizz, the lab is after wild chickens, and me mr moose. Trying to gather some info on trail conditions no quad but got my jeep wrangler. Lots of restrictions in the area so trying to do my homework on that part. Have heard alot of good things about bird hunting though. Brian you might know also how thick is it with the two legged predators labor day weekend? headed out for the non motorized area sat-sun to try and out hike some of the crowd.

sportsman im doing about the same thing sep 2/7 with my dad on denali highway. Dads after the grizz, the lab is after wild chickens, and me mr moose. Trying to gather some info on trail conditions no quad but got my jeep wrangler. Lots of restrictions in the area so trying to do my homework on that part. Have heard alot of good things about bird hunting though. Brian you might know also how thick is it with the two legged predators labor day weekend? headed out for the non motorized area sat-sun to try and out hike some of the crowd.