Thread: Seward Silvers

Default Seward Silvers

Anyone been to Seward in the last few days, are the Silvers hitting the beaches yet?, how about Whittier anyone been there, are the fish in the harbor?

I fished Seward this past Monday (8/20) and the best fishing is in close to town. We had good luck right in front of the concrete wall in front of the prison in 70' of water. There was a school of pollack in there and the silvers were on the edges of that school of fish. We also fishing further out by Caines and Fox Is. but had to work for them harder out there. I would stay near the north end of the bay.

Default Yep they are on the Beaches

We we were down there yesterday, fished all day on the outer edges of the bay with no luck. When we came back into the harbor people were snagging them right in front of jetty that surrounds the harbor. I saw two diffferent people with fish on as we passed by. We did troll from lowell point down to the waterfall. No luck but we did mark a few dozen salmon in between. Saw two silvers and two pinks jump right off the rocks there.

Any shore fishing for silvers down there? If so, where, and are they in there pretty good now?

Did ok in seward the last 4 days caught 20 I think largest was 15 1/2 # smallest was 8# there in close just have to spend time
    Attached Images Attached Images