Thread: Anybody Using Electronic Game Callers for Moose

Default Anybody Using Electronic Game Callers for Moose

I was just curious if any of you guys are using electronic game callers for moose or any other large game in Alaska? I'll be using my FoxPro this year in an attempt to get one to come in close enough for the recurve. I've used the Wildlife Tech before, but I prefer the FoxPro. If you are using them, what game callers are you using? Thanks for the input.

Never used one myself, but have had one experience. We were hunting a creek and heard a god awful noise. I ran up a tree with binos to take a look. The noise kept going. Sounded like a moose, kind of sort of, but didn't make sense. About that time I watched about every moose in the area running away from the source of the sound.
    As I recall that was 1 med/large bull, one small mulligan, 1 barren cow, and a cow/calf.
    later on the way upriver we came across a camp and asked if they heard the noise. Proudly they showed me the tape player in the boat. I did not make any friends that day after I told them what they had done.

I'll be using my Foxpro FX3 for the first time this year.

I use my FX3 and have called in several bulls. Be careful though.....I've had some nervous experiences with it. Once a young paddle bull respond to the cow-in-heat sound and he thought I was his long lost girl friend and followed me all around for about 30 minutes. I went to another muskeg and turned it on and he came crashing through the trees again looking for some love action. The other bad time was when a cow wouldn't leave me alone and got to within 15-20 feet of me. I was waiving my arms and talking to her but with no luck. I had my rifle at the hip in case I needed to use it for self defense.

Default electronic moose calls

i use the phantom they sell at boondocks and have had cows lay down under mny tree and bulls come in really close the on nice thing is you can change volume and do 2 sounds at one time

I just picked up a fox pro FX5 for predator hunting but had them install all their moose sounds as well. Im not impressed and having never mouth called before, but having watched Love Thunder and Bull 2 twice I am 100% confidend I can make more realistic moose sounds than what comes from my FX5.

That said, I still intend to use the eCaller for moose, but am in the market for more moose sounds to download. Between the eCaller and mouth calls I suppose I could probably work up a pretty good sequence with some practice.
    The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.

I just call long distance moose (far away) in with a megaphone I made with fiberglass and resin, but up close (within 500 yards), I just use my hands cupped over my mouth and keep the grunts low.

For looong distance calling, I use a plastic 1-gal. paint can, and a thick and flat wet shoe string. I have learned form others how to call moose, but the best instructions I have gotten are from moose answering my calls after I watched "Love, Bull, And Thunder."

bgreen,
    I have a top of the line digital recorder and microphone and will record any moose sounds you want to make. If you're around the Fairbanks area, let me know or send me a Private Message with your number. Once I have your sounds recorded, I have software for making any sequence of sounds you want. I can also record antler scraping or whatever you want. Then you can just use your computer to put the sound on your FoxPro. I've done this quite a bit and it works great. Gotta love the flexibility of the FoxPro. This offer is open to anybody in the Fairbanks area if they're interested. Just PM me and we can get together to record.

Thats very generous, if I ever make it up that way I will drop you a line!
    The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.

The Cow call sounds good in my Fox Pro, but the Bull sounds are not good, nither is the raking brush sounds I can do a lot better with a stick myself. Have had them answer the cow call a few times. Had better luck with bears coming in tho. Be prepared.

Thumbs up Phantom

I use a Phantom Moose caller, Called 2 bulls in last year and 1 bull the year before from long range......guess what I will be using again this year.......?
    Alaska

A plastic 1 qt. oil can you find in the garbage at the gas station. Cut out the bottom and stick it on a stick. Start hitting some trees and scrape it along the tree-trunk.