Thread: Gulkana: Sourdough to Bridge?

Default Gulkana: Sourdough to Bridge?

Has anyone floated from Sourdough down to the Richardson bridge? How long did it take? Is it too low to do it now?

I thought this might a nice float this weekend and the sockeyes should be less red than putting in by Paxson. Also, we only have to days -- Saturday and Sunday.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Default Float it

Floated in kayaks two years ago with my sons Boy Scout Troop, took the better part of a day, but was a great float.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." John Wayne

Default Gulkana

Beng:

I have done it a few times and it is a good over-knighter. In a canoe it goes fast but the raft will slow you down. Plan on 12 hours in a raft and enjoy the trip!

Walt
    Northwest Alaska Back Country Rentals
    Your best bet for Rafts, Canoes and Camp rentals
    www.northwestalaska.com
    907-442-3944
    Kotzebue, Alaska

Default Gulkana

Beng:

I have done it a few times and it is a good over-nighter. In a canoe it goes fast but the raft will slow you down. Plan on 12 hours in a raft and enjoy the trip!

Walt
    www.northwestalaska.com
    907-442-3944
    Kotzebue, Alaska

Walt,
    I do appreciate it.

Actually I posted and was looking to go last weekend, but we went down and had a great time (though I breached my canoe on a rock and fixed temporarily with duck tape).

I went down with my girlfriend but am ready to embarked on a 2 week journey down the Richardson, Valdez, Kenai and Kodiak and planning to do that float tomorrow and Sunday. Thanks for the time frame!

Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska View Post
    Beng:

I have done it a few times and it is a good over-nighter. In a canoe it goes fast but the raft will slow you down. Plan on 12 hours in a raft and enjoy the trip!

Walt
    www.northwestalaska.com
    907-442-3944
    Kotzebue, Alaska