Thread: Another newbie post.

Default Another newbie post.

I've been looking for a place just like this too! How cool. I live in Fairbanks. I got here on Christmas Eve 2003 so am still reletively new. I've done a lot of back packing in Denali back country but in August I am going to hike in the Brooks Range. Nothing as ambitious as a few others that are making those wild, long distance hikes here though. I've always done a lot of camping but packing it all with you is a whole different experience. So, I'm looking forward to being here and learning.

Welcome! It's nice to have a hiker here from Fairbanks - I'm sure we can learn a lot from you about interior hikes. Glad to have here.

-Brian

Default another newbie

I'm also a newbie but from Dallas. I'm going into the North Fork of the Chandalar in June for a couple weeks of back packing. I worked up there in 1967 for the late Master Guide Wayne Red Adney.

I'm 64 and in good shape but that maybe relative. I'll see and I look forward to reading and learning more.

I'll be in Fairbanks for a few days @ University of Alaska museum where I'm donating the late Slim Williams ( broke trail from Alaska to lower 48 in 1932/33) gun, and diary of that trip.