Thread: Kimber .300 WSM

Default Kimber .300 WSM

The Kimber .300 WSM has not achieved the accuracy I'm used to squeezing out of other rifles, especially with Barnes bullets. The best load so far has used IMR 4350 with the bullets about .030 off the lands. Any suggestions?

Mine shoots bug holes with factory ammo. Its currently shooting factory Federal 165 TSX's in to an 1" at 335 yards! All three shots in one cloverleaf hole at a 100. Cant help you on the reloading, havent started that yet.

I must echo Alaska Cub.....mine shoots extremely well with Federal Premium 180 TSX and my 270WSM does the same with 130 TSX from Federal....

Default Off the Lands measurement

Quote Originally Posted by Chedelnorte View Post
    The Kimber .300 WSM has not achieved the accuracy I'm used to squeezing out of other rifles, especially with Barnes bullets. The best load so far has used IMR 4350 with the bullets about .030 off the lands. Any suggestions?
    I seem to remember reading that the 300 and 325 wizzums shooting copper are very sensitive to OL measurements. Try a google search or the handloading/shooting forums here but I think the bullet needs to be closer to the lands.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default 300 WSM Kimber

I have had a Kimber 300 WSM for a while but just got around to working up handloads for it - I am impressed. Without exceeding loads recommended in Barnes' #3 it is producing 5 shot one hole groups with Barnes XXX 168 gr chronographed in excess of 3200 fps. Almost as impressive is the barrel. It cleans up faster than any other custom barrel I have and is amazingly smooth.