Thread: Northfork bullets!

Default Northfork bullets!

Does anyone have any experience with these bullets. http://www.northforkbullets.com/

I am looking at the .416 in 325gr, but I would be interested to hear about how the bullet design compares to Barnes, Nosler or any other premium bullets.

I have about a half dozen boxes of NorthFork bullets on my bench now. I've used them quite a bit and have loaded them in ammo for several others. I haven't taken anything with that particular bullet in 416, only the 370 grain in 416. I did load some for a bear hunter who struck out last year. They were the 325 grain in the 416 Taylor at about 2450 fps. I hope to hear of it's actual performance this year. This seem to me to be a perfect big bear bullet for the smaller capacity 416's. I've used the 370 grain 416 on heavy stuff and it is a much better killer than TBBC and X's (they act like a solid) and it is stronger built than the Nosler partition. Falling right in between the partition and A-frame in strength of construction. The Swift has a tougher jacket, the NF is soft annealed and bonded so it expands more easily.

I've taken a few animals with the NorthForks and they are text book in their expansion. They won't quite penetrate with a Swift A-frame of comparable weight but they hit very hard. They retain weight well. I have a few that were recovered. They are very predictable and with a little experience you will know how fast to drive them for best results. Very good bullets from a very knowledgable bullet guy.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Thanks Murphy, I currently shoot a 300gr Barnes at just over 3000fps out of my CZ(rigby). It is very flat and accurate, but I'am still not convinced the Barnes are better than a premium bonded for taking game.

The NF sound promising.
    Thanks again.

I shot 4 large African antelope with them (Greater Kudu, Sable, Nyala and Waterbuck), using the 200 grain .308" out of a 300 H&H. Had fantastic results and highly recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak Fireman View Post
    Thanks Murphy, I currently shoot a 300gr Barnes at just over 3000fps out of my CZ(rigby). It is very flat and accurate, but I'am still not convinced the Barnes are better than a premium bonded for taking game.

The NF sound promising.
    Thanks again.
    Huh? You're already using a premium bullet right now. Is it the TSX that you are shooting? If so, it really don't get much better than that. Northforks are good bullets, but they won't compete with a Barnes TSX bullet at all for penetration.