Thread: Back from Valdez.......

Default Back from Valdez.......

Was intending on staying one day down there fishing for silvers,and we ended up staying two man for my 1st time fishing for silvers that was a blast.2nd day took a little while to get our limit but they where fatter than the 1st day.
    Over all we limited out bothh days and between the 2 of us we came home with 90 pounds of fillets.We did well trolling at 30-40 feet the 1st day,then near the end of that day I started trying it at 50-60 feet and nailed the last couple we needed.
    2nd day we trolled again anywhere from 30-60 feet but mostly at 55 and started nailing them also.Trolled up half a dozen pinks as well.
    All in all we had a blast,and even tho my brother is up from Arizona he made me stay the 2nd day
    So if ya'll are headed out this weekend good luck you'll get em.And have fun.Daniel

Default Shore action

Did you see any action from the shore yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel in Ak View Post
    Was intending on staying one day down there fishing for silvers,and we ended up staying two man for my 1st time fishing for silvers that was a blast.2nd day took a little while to get our limit but they where fatter than the 1st day.
    Over all we limited out bothh days and between the 2 of us we came home with 90 pounds of fillets.We did well trolling at 30-40 feet the 1st day,then near the end of that day I started trying it at 50-60 feet and nailed the last couple we needed.
    2nd day we trolled again anywhere from 30-60 feet but mostly at 55 and started nailing them also.Trolled up half a dozen pinks as well.
    All in all we had a blast,and even tho my brother is up from Arizona he made me stay the 2nd day
    So if ya'll are headed out this weekend good luck you'll get em.And have fun.Daniel

almost 2 weeks ago I saw action for silvers from shore in Seward...
    Personally I did not see any shore fishing going on in Valdez,but I did hear of a few caught.
    I did go out to Allison Point to check on the fishing and there was no one out there,how-ever I did not make it to the to the end of the road.There where still tons of Pinks beaching themselves at the waterfall.
    Hope this helps out.Daniel