Thread: Checkmate Takedown Recurves

Wink Checkmate Takedown Recurves

Anyone own or shot one of these? They look like nice takedown bows. Bill
    ; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed. 1 SAMUEL 2;30

Yes, I have a Hunter2 and love it. Great bow and great deal. I don't shoot trad that much but enjoy it when I can get a chance to and really enjoy small game hunting that way.

It is a nice bow. Mine also is a Hunter 2 and is 55#@28. My only knock on it is that it has a large grip compared to all my other bows. This causes it to be uncomfortable for me to carry or if I shoot it much. But it is smooth shooting.

John,

File the grip down so you're hands fit it!!! Or talk to Marc or Chad and have it sent back, I'm sure Marc will take it down for you.

I have shot a number of Cujo's bows (Marc Moriez, head boywer of CM, in which you can contact through talking to Chad at www.recurves.com) I personally owned a pair of checkmate crusader td's. I really liked my old takedown, it was a sweet piece. Marc's a helluva boywer!!!! Though I dont like the newer crusader models compared to my old one...if I shot a recurve again it would be a hunter II. Bottom line is it's a great bow and the best bang for the buck on the market todate and will be for a long time to come!

Default Best Bang For The Buck!

Tradbow - I "loaned" it out a couple of years ago to my SIL who likes it too much to ever return it. Yeah I know of both Marc & Chad. Actually I haven't messed much with my recurves in the last two years or so as I've been sticking to my long bows which I now prefer. But the Hunter II is a good bow and you are right about being the best bang for your buck.

right on....drop me a line, maybe we can go bend some sticks together.....I've also been shooting a longbow for awhile now. Love the curves, but like the stick better.