Thread: float hunt dvd?

Default float hunt dvd?

Hello, I was going to order "Float Hunting Alaska" dvd from Buck Publishing this weekend and was going to see if any of you have seen it and if it was worth the money. I just want to see what its like and what all it takes. Since I've found this forum and followed it reading I've been working on my two buddies, letting them now that we WERE going to plan at trip for 2010. They seem to be all for it. Anyway any info on the dvd will help me decide. He also has a dvd of a six week/700 mile float trip, but I think it is more a documentry than a how-to.

http://bucktrack.com/Float_Hunting_Alaska_DVD.html

Its a great video, I wish I had watched it before I took my first, and so far only, float trip. I would highly recommend it. I think you can also get it from this web site. You can order it directly from Pristing Ventures at www.pristineventures.com

Default Awesome movie

The float hunting movie you speak of is excellent and produced by Larry Bartlett. Pristineventures.com is Larry's website. The float hunting video focusus on the how to and challenges of hunting from a raft vers 500 animals getting blasted in a 45 minute video. Animals do get shot on the movie, but by far in the top 3 hunting movies I have ever seen. 700 miles alone that Buck himself made was awesome as well and in my top 3. Jack Brittingham's Alaska series is my other in the top 3. I actually have a hard time sleeping after watching either video. The videos just get the blood moving for me and thoughts cranking. Two more days and I will be in the Brooks hunting where I belong. I am already mentally there, just the physical part needs to catch up.

I own this dvd and would recommend it! It's good. I'd also look at Larry's Field Taxidermy dvd as well.

Default Thanks!

Thanks guys, the taxidermy video, is that just showing you proper caping techniques and field dressing?

Nope, its got bear in it and a whole lot of other really good stuff. Its a three disc set and WELL worth the money. Its a great video.

As was mentioned, you can order this DVD right here from outdoorsdirectory.

After the great reviews, I may have to check it out myself.