Thread: 14C and 14A areas

Default 14C and 14A areas

Has anyone hunted the Birchwood management area? if so, what lands there are huntable? i know there are homes around there. Can you hunt the network of ski trails there across from the high school?

how far north does the Eagle River Management area go? is mt baldy and ptarmigan valley just park of the chugach state park management area?

has anyone ventured into the trails off of Maud Road (off of Old Glen), they head towards the back side of Jim lake

thanks!

herman

Ski trails are off limits I believe you gotta be across the railroad tracks and out of beach lake park. So past the railroad tracks and before fire creek basically. Lots of grouse and bunnys back there, lots and lots of bunnies.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Herman, check page 68 of the hunting regs for 14c info. From what I can tell reading them, any area that is part of the Eagle River management area is closed to small game hunting unless you have a permit. The back side of Mt. Baldy, the north side, drains into Carol and Little Peters Creek, so it MIGHT be part of the chugach state park management area, and open to small game hunting. You should certainly try to find out a more definitive answer before you try hunting on Mt. Baldy proper, even if you are on the backside. The Ptarmigan creek trail should also be part of CSP management, but I would call fish & game to make sure.

ak_powder_monkey, is fire creek the east boundary of Beach Lake Park?

Quote Originally Posted by asrjb25 View Post

ak_powder_monkey, is fire creek the east boundary of Beach Lake Park?
    Not quite but its close to it so I kinda figure it is since I don't have a gps

heres the area: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...8702&z=13&om=1

as you can see the entire delta of fire creek is ok to hunt as well. I think there is some private property back there as well but it should be posted. And don't wonder downrange of the shooting park
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

is that area b/w fire creek mouth and the railroad the one with some dirt roads that is filled with tons of trash and abandoned cars? i drove by the entrance to the shooting park and there was a pullout just before the road ends going into the airport. i parked there and walked in. is that city or state land back there? jim's creek looked like a pristine wilderness compared to this place. is that the place you were referring to?