Thread: Permanenti Trail

Default Permanenti Trail

I'm thinking about going back Permanenti Trail. How far back can you go before you have to cross King River? I'm thinking about trying it but I don't think I want to try a crossing of King River in my old Polaris.

Default not too far

We rode out there about two weeks ago, and we made it about 8 miles back to the river, and it was not crossable. There were a few places that you could try if you were feeling pretty brave, but we didn't chance it, the water is pretty deep, and moving really fast.

Thanks Jake...I guess 8 miles is far enough for me right not anyway.

Default Don't need to cross Kings River...

Go to the trail head past where everyone starts at Kings River...(small trail head parking lot about 3-4 miles past Kings River). You can ride way back in there without having to cross Kings River...the trail from the Kings River trail head meets up with this trail and allows you to go way back in the mountains...probably one of my favorite trials when you get back in there.

Default liiterbugs and slobs

I used to drive my atv in those trails about 10 years ago,and way before that even.But the place is awash with pigs and slobs who want to party in the woods.They leave there trash everywhere.Mainly beer bottles or cigarette butts.How can anyone just toss there wrappers anywhere like that.Best hope I dont catch em doin that,4 flats are hard to fix when your out of town.

Angry The New Jim's Creek

It's starting to sound like Jim Creek all over again.....

Hopefully we won't have to fight to get that area declared a Public Use Area to stop it. If we can get enforcement of existing laws, true enforcement including prosecution, we won't need to make special "areas". But we need to pay for it, through state troopers or get MatSu Borough to set up a sheriff's dept. And we don't need any new laws, just enforce the ones we have.
    Mike
    or give us regular users a good feeling that if we get pictures or video - something will happen.
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.