Thread: American Summit

Default American Summit

My son and I are planning of riding our ATV near the American Summit. (Between Eagle and Chicken) Can anyone tell us

1) How to find the trail

2) Where to park

3) How far back the trail goes

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Default check on closure

There might be an atv closure on this trail during moose season. Give F&G in Tok a call.

Thank you Northway. Do you know if there is a map of ATV trails in that area?

Default no map that I know

I think that American Summit has a atv closure from Aug. 1 - September 25. This is to prevent game and hunter transportation. The area could easily be over hunted. I will do a search for you.

Default I am wrong

I was thinking of the Glacier Mountain area. That is a control use area. I can stop over at F&G here in Tok and find out for you later this afternoon. What I can search on line, I don't see any regulations for it.

Thanks Northway, I won't be in Tok till the 7th. Tok fish and game have not responded to my e-mail I sent them on Monday.

Default I'll figure it out

The biologist is out. If he is in on Monday, I will go over and ask him about it.

Default american summit

Last time I weas there in 03' you could ride on already established trails only state land or blm. Glacier mountain side of the taylor highway is/was?? off limits to any motorized use including landing planes. its a wildlife preserve. good hunting on that side for boo sheep and moose but you have to pack it out on your back.