Thread: Cheap 6.5x55 Swede ammo around Anchorage

Default Cheap 6.5x55 Swede ammo around Anchorage

The other day I got lucky and found 3 boxes of PMC 6.5x55mm Swede ammo up in Kenai.

It was fairly cheap and my M-96 really seems to like it...

So when my neighbor drove up to Anchorage this last weekend he looked at Sportmans warehouse and they did not have squat...They don't even carry PMC stuff...

Where in anchorage is a good place for some full jacketed 65. swede ammo. I have dies, but no slugs yet and this PMC stuff was not bad price wise... about even with handloads.. Maybe I was just real lucky..
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Try Alaska Shooters Supply on Boniface near the Glenn Hwy. They carry a lot of mil surplus ammo and ammo for mil surplus rifles.

Is that the place that used to be in the owners garage a few years back, then moved to a mini mall off Tudor????

I gotta head up that way pretty soon ,,, as soon as I find some red bricks to make a wood stove hearth and back-board.... There are none down here....

Taking the one-ton truck all the way up should be kinda spendy....
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    Is that the place that used to be in the owners garage a few years back, then moved to a mini mall off Tudor????
    Yes, now it has moved to an even crapier strip mall on Boniface! If I had a 6.5, they're first place I'd look for ammo.

Default 6.5 X55

I have found the Swed militray rounds that come in a green sleeve of 200 yds by snooping around the pawn shops. It shoots great, but is Berdan. I shot some great 600 yd groups witha M96 set up with Lyman sights. I paid $75 for the last sleeve I found in June.

the Wolf made in Serbia is failry inexpensive as well.

I have had varying luck with PMC brass, quality is not consistent. If you want to reload, the Lapua is great, and good old Rem or Win works good. too. Nroma seems a little soft to me, but lasts a long time at medium pressures.

Ammo Can dimond might have some of this 6.5, as might Nels at RAL on NLights...