Thread: David Copperfield's Hay Flats Illusion !

Default David Copperfield's Hay Flats Illusion !

That's right, David Copperfield hit the Palmer Hay Flats this morning and made every moose disappear ! There was sign of moose everywhere. From petels, to big tracks, little tracks, old tracks, new tracks, and even some fresh grizzly scat. After covering 7 miles on foot, in zigzag patterns, circular patterns, grid patterns, octagonal patterns, busting brush, numerous pitfalls, tussock hopping,etc........the only thing I saw was a frog. I wonder where Mr. Copperfield made the moose disappear to?
    Either way....no reason to complain...it was moose season, and I was hunting, and not working.
    Good Luck to all,
    Johnny
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 08-20-2007 at 21:43. Reason: language

Default so

how are you cooking the frog tonight

Better think twice about frog legs for dinner they are rare and protected up here.

Talking Good Point

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    Better think twice about frog legs for dinner they are rare and protected up here.
    Good point. I checked the small game regulations and no frog season. Loved hunting them in New York though.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

I am seeing a need here. perhaps import bullfrogs from lower 48. set up an enclosed frog ranch and run canned hunts out of a pond in my back 40? what you guys think, is there a need here. Sept. 8th and the Moose safari begins.. dang I cant wait.

Default Moose make circuts...

they don't alway eat at the same spot all the time...good luck next time eh?

Default skydiving

And just to think that I had one up on the Cub pilots. I made 4 skydives over the Hay Flats on Saturday getting a good look at the terrain and where the moose may be. I did find a nice spruce that was recently tore up, and some steaming grizzly scat.
    hindsight is 20/20....I shoulda taken the frog....
    Johnny

Default Maybe

You were trying to hard. I shot a fork on opening last year. And a guy shot a cow just before I shot mine. Maybe next time find a place to sit and wait.To bad I had to work this year or I would of been out there.
    7 miles on foot thats alot of ground.Did you hear any shooting?All that walking could just push the moose to your competitors.I know some times it's hard to sit still.

I understand a spike fork went down on the flats not sure if it was Mon or Tue..

Default Flats

I did my share of walking...but also my share of sitting. Several times I'd walk a mile or 2, then sit for a few hours....then another mile, and sit a couple more hours....alll day. There were a total of 5 people (including myself) that were down there along the Southern portion of the Flats. I talked to 3 of them, and not one person saw or heard anything all day. Never heard a shot either. Ironically enough, last night after work, I went out behind the house and jumped a spike 20 yards into the woods. He took off and I never even had a chance. I'm going to eat dinner and had back out the backdoor again. Not a whole lot of woods, but enough to hunt. Public land too...
    Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by sharksinthesalsa View Post
    how are you cooking the frog tonight
    Ya gotta kiss the frog; then it turns into a 60-inch bull.

You first.

Quote Originally Posted by AKRoadkill View Post
    Ya gotta kiss the frog; then it turns into a 60-inch bull.

You first.
    You can't fool me...I saw that Capital One commercial.... It'll become a ferret, than a orangutan; than a half-man/half-moose type creature before it turns into a bull moose ! I'll stop at the Orangutan. Then again....what happens in the Hay Flats....stays in the Hay Flats !
    Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver_99654 View Post
    You can't fool me...I saw that Capital One commercial.... It'll become a ferret, than a orangutan; than a half-man/half-moose type creature before it turns into a bull moose ! I'll stop at the Orangutan. Then again....what happens in the Hay Flats....stays in the Hay Flats !
    Johnny
    Ok, there's the only reason I need to never go to the Hay Flats again.