Thread: Lost Creek Company

Default Lost Creek Company

Has anyone used this outfit for hunt planning,says they been doing it since 1992. Interested in anyone who had used them for hunt planning back then or more recent. Pm me if you would rather or lets hear if you would use them again. thanks in advance.

Default Lost Creek

In case you are not aware of it, Mike Strahan is Lost Creek Company. He is also a moderator on this forum and posts often. I have not heard good or bad about his planning services.

Default That would be me

Yes, it is I.

I have been doing hunt consultation for about fifteen years now, but have only in the last couple of years began charging for it. As readers of this forum know, I am pretty detailed in the information I give out here and in my seminars. The information I provide on a fee basis takes much more of my time, and is much, much more detailed. Because I have to take time away from family and other concerns in order to do this, I have started charging for this service. I also rent camping gear, pack frames, tents, and a modest amount of rafting equipment on a first-come, first-served basis.

Thanks for asking! If anyone has questions about this, feel free to contact me privately, or learn more by clicking on the link in my signature line.

Best regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Question users

bump ,, anyone use this company ? anyone?

While I haven't used the services of "Lost Creek", I have received help from the owner on other occaisions. I would say he is an honest man to do biz with.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Easy to understand Michael starting to charge for it--- and smart, too. I'm impressed that he still invests so much time and effort here (and I'm sure elsewhere) to give out free info.

Alaska is huge and often boggling to newcomers, yet detailed info is critical to successs and safety. Like many others here, I use an onlline name other than my own because I already get TOO MANY calls and emails from strangers looking for info. It's a way to limit the volume, because I already get TOO MANY contacts from friends and family, as well as strangers refered to me. If pressed I'd start charging for the services simply to cut down on the volume, but I doubt I would be willing or able to continue the free side of things as willingly or as thoroughly as Michael.

While I have no reports on Michael's paid services, I have to guess that they're about three steps better than top notch. All you have to do is read the free advice you get from him here to know that he really, really knows what he's talking about. Anyone who didn't know a free local source of info would be very, very smart to hire him. Whatever the cost, it would be lots cheaper than making dumb mistakes simply because you didn't know better.

Default Lost Creek Company

I used Lost Creek Co."Michael Strahan" as a consultant for a float hunt for this year. Mike has done a great job thus far helping with all my pre hunt planning. Will know more about results a little later as we leave in about 10 days! New member my first post. Hello everyone, thanks for letting me join in!

Razorbak, Great to here from you. Keep us all posted & if you dont mind let us know how it works out. Mike has always been pretty open in his posting here & I was looking for some info on past clients & such to see if it all worked as planned. Love to her how it goes for ya. & good luck guys ,btw what are you hunting?
    Last edited by jeff p; 08-23-2007 at 19:27. Reason: added

Jeff P, We have tags for Moose, Caribou, and Wolf primarly focusing on Moose and surely someone will stumble on to a black Bear in our party of 4. First time to hunt in Alaska and my first float hunt. I've had lots of questions and Michael has always been there to get me a answer. A+ service!