Thread: Grumman Sport Boat motor lift

Default Grumman Sport Boat motor lift

Hi All, Wondering if any of you have experience with a Grumman Sport Boat with a motor lift. How do they compare to a 19' Grumman with a lift, as far as handling, load, etc. I have one and am considering setting it up for moose hunting this fall. How small/shallow of creeks can you use this setup in? How much moose can you haul in one? Any other tricks to know before I do this? Thanks, KK

Default Grumman Sport Boat

I sold my Grumman Sport Boat & had around 15 years with it. Used a outboard transom spring assist lift with it. Mostly for fishing & duck hunting in the weeds. I reched back while sitting with one hand and adjusted motor
    depth using the spring assist. Made a seperate lift lever but never used it in
    the waters I ran. Very stable boat Lab could launch himself from gunnels
    on duck retrieves. Rear seat was a little low and forward for long tiller time
    sat crosswise on rear seat to run it. KK

Default Grumman Sport Boat

I sold my Grumman Sport Boat & had around 15 years with it. Used a outboard transom spring assist lift with it. Mostly for fishing & duck hunting in the weeds. I reched back while sitting with one hand and adjusted motor
    depth using the spring assist. Made a seperate lift lever but never used it in
    the waters I ran. Very stable boat Lab could launch himself from gunnels
    on duck retrieves. Rear seat was a little low and forward for long tiller time
    sat crosswise on rear seat to run it. Ran it in some pretty skinny water with prop cavitating at times. KK