Thread: New Leupold Scope

Default New Leupold Scope

So, I decided I am going to get a Leupold VXIII 3.5-10x40 with Boon and Crockitt reticle for my .338 Ultra Mag.

Do these new scopes from Leupold come with the mounts or do you have to get those separately?

I have a Bushnell 3x9 scope on my 7mm Mag but with all the good things I have heard about the Laupold scopes, I decided to give them a try.

I have the same scope on my .280. I like it, but I haven't tested the reticle at various ranges yet. That's on my agenda, after I get rid of my summer fishing bug.

The scope does not come with mounts.

My friend has a 338 RUM and the same scope. You have to buy your bases and rings separate. I had put Talley Lightweight Bases and rings on my Kimber 325 and he decided to do the same thing. One piece base and ring. Front and rear set. Works great, light, strong and inexpensive.

Talley Rings

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Very nice,
    thanks for the help guys!

Like Snyd already said in his post, get Talley's. For height, I'd get the low's. By doing that, when you shoulder the rifle, your eye should line-up just about perfect to your scope with about zilch for cheek adjustment.