Thread: .338 Ultra Mag Ammo

Default .338 Ultra Mag Ammo

All I have been able to find is Remington made .338 Ultra Mag ammo.
    Are there any other companies that manufacture a round for this gun and can you find anything else up here?

Default 338 ultra ammo

I am unaware of any other manufacturer of factory ammo for this caliber....except of course the custom reloaders.

As far as I know, remington is the only loader of ultra-mag ammo. (I have a 300RUM) That is why I decided to get into reloading....it only costs about $1 a round to load premium bullets vs the $2-3 a round factory loaded stuff.

On edit, Federal does, but I'm not sure who sells it around here. I don't normally check out the loaded ammunition anymore, but I would guess that sportsman's would carry it. Good luck finding some now though seeing it is close to moose season.

I went into sportsmans the other day and they wanted $62 bucks a box for the .338 RUM box of ammo, I think I saw the same box at another shop for $72.00.....

Federal loads the 338 RUM. They have a 210gr partition load and a 225 gr accubond load.

Wow. A little over a year ago I bought 5 boxes of Federal 250gr TBBC's for about $22 each. I also got 3 boxes of 180 Bt's for under $20 ea. I was hoping that soon I'd be able to afford a BB hunt so I guess I'll hoard those TBBC's in hopes that someday . . . .

I'm glad I handload for that bad boy. I bought the last of the inventory and would have gotten more but I waited too long to order.

Core Bon is coming out with a 250 gr. X. Federal and Nosler are offering loads that range from 200-250 gr. and $56-$64. Right now the best factory load for the price seems to be the Remington Premier with a 250 gr. A-Frame for about $64 a box.

You can get pretty well started reloading for the price of 60 factory cartridges. This caliber is like a luxury car. If you have to ask how much it's going to cost to drive it, you can't afford it. But they sure are fun.