Thread: rings and bases

Default rings and bases

I have a new Weatherby Vanguard in 300 win mag. I'm debating about which mounts to use. I will be mounting a 3-9x40 Nikon Monarch scope on this rifle. I have other rifles that wear older Redfield , Leupold, and Burris rings and bases. All have been trouble free. I have been leaning toward Talley or Warne for this rifle. Any thoughts or opinions on the Warne or Talley mounts.

I have a set of Warne Quick-Detach mounts on my .375 H&H. I wanted to be able to use the iron sights, if I wanted. The steel bases are low enough to see over them, when the scope is removed. As advertised, the scope returns to zero after removing/re-installing it. If you have iron sights and want a QD system, the Warne bases and rings are a nice way to go.

I have Talley LW's on the rest of my scoped rifles. I replaced my Leupold/Redfield style bases and rings after I found a loose windage screw on a hunt. The Talley one-piece design is simple, lightweight, and effective. There's nothing wrong with the other styles, mind you, I just prefer the Talley's.