Thread: Inexpensive Anchorage Lodging Recommendations

Default Inexpensive Anchorage Lodging Recommendations

Can anyone recommend inexpensive lodging in Anchorage?

The cheapest I have found is Motel 6. I have paid $85 per night in the past. This year I will be paying $89 + tax.

Perhaps there are others out there like Ma & Pa inns, but if they've no website, it makes it hard when researching the 'net.

There was a big banner in indian last time Idrove through that said "ROOMS $65/ night" but otherwise you can camp or wait until winter... lol
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Hey the Brown Bear in Indian is a great place!! It is $65 bucks, and is right on the water. I would tell anyone to stay there. It is above a bar, but the cabins are only $95-110. (they are not Above a bar!). It is not super nice but very affordable.

Anchorage motel 8, clarion suites sometimes, All the ones in midtown on tudor and C street. They are cheap. Be careful though as some hotels are in pretty seedy areas. PM me or monkey if you find a cheap place and we'd warn you away from the really bad ones.

Have fun!

Default Lodging

Has anyone ever stayed at the Rodeway Inn? It's one of the most inexpensive I've found at $ 90 per night, with my Farm Bureau Discount.

Anchorage is not cheap this time of year, period. My husband stayed earlier in the summer at The Longhouse. Then when he headed back to work on the Slope this last time, he found out that the Baronoff-Best western was even a better deal with his work discount. Its best to travel in this state on a budget, before memorial day and after labor day for the best values.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Steelheader View Post
    Can anyone recommend inexpensive lodging in Anchorage?
    No, I would not. I would recommend three-star or better hotels, or minimum $150 per nite, whichever is more expensive.

Hey oh-io....that Inn is in a pretty bad part of town. Nothing like CCHC in clevleland, but not really very nice. Unless it is on 3rd or 4th to about 9th between L street to about A street is will not be in a nice place. This is not to say you couldn't safely stay there, but you never know.

Are you renting a car? Do you want to stay in anchorage for any real reason? The post above was kinda funny, but honestly I would advice to get a good room in anchorage and camp everywhere else.

I wasn't kidding about the Brown Bear Inn and saloon in Indian. About 25 minutes away from anchorage, and pretty spot. Very cheap. Also Bird Creek is right down the road and will still be getting silvers...if they ever show up.

There are $50 cabins (lights no heat) by Eklutna Lake. I think they have rooms with a frig, microwave, and heat for $70. Goto http://goalaskan.com/wilderness-cabins.htm Eklunta is about 20 miles from Anchorage and another 9-10 up the hill or about a 30-35 min. drive.

BTW, while a student in Cleveland, Ohio (lived in Eastlake) I fished steelies on the Chagrin, Grand, and Rocky rivers. Bass fishing was also great fun. Good people on the rivers.

I'm flying in at 2am, and can't pick up my RV until later that day, and just need a place to crash and hang out until then. I'm not looking to spend a lot of $$$ though, unless I have to.

Ohio steelheading is great, some of the best in the world, for numbers of fish, but not for real big fish. Average size is 5-7 lbs., but the largest I've caught in Ohio is around 14lbs.

Default Govt. Rate...

Try the Barrett Best Western on Spenard, the older portion is cheaper, yet you can use the ammenities of the newer. They offer free transportaion and the facilities of the New Millinieum Hotel are right next door.

Anchorage is a tough gig for value during season and the local's are right on...

http://www.alaskanauthor.com

We always stay in bed and breakfasts when we come to Alaska, no matter where we go. The rates are less than motels and most of the time you feel like you're staying with friends. We're booked at the Oupqugiaq Inn B&B (907) 563-5633; it's $85 + tax, not the cheapest room in town but it's very nice and they serve a good breakfast.

AlaskaairNewsletter@myalaskaair.com

Through the web site they have some good offers, one for $65 a night. Worth checking out. I was raised in Ohio and even did some silver fishing.