Thread: Valdez Halibut Charters

Talking Valdez Halibut Charters

Just about got this Sitka project finished and heading over to Valdez for a couple months. Thought I would check out some Halibut fishing while I wait for the trucks to be barged up.
    Anyon have any suggestions on who to go out with? Did a Google search and there are a few out of Valdez. Looking for possibly an overnighter.
    The 28th is when i'll arrive. Also looks like the season is winding down as most charters I see are ending Labor Day. Is there any good fishing left to be had in the area?
    Thanks

Default If at all possible ...

try No Excuses. Dave is the number 1 guy right now if he has an opening on the boat.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Thanks much I wil look him up. Did a Google and he has no site so I will try Phone look up.

Thumbs up For a great trip....

look up Ken at Sanity Charters. Great guy and has an awesome weekend trip. 2 nights on boat and 1 out in his cabin, lots of time on the water and great chance to limit out. Cooked us up a great meal out at the cabin....mmm, fresh shrimp.

AK_BigO

Default website

Default No answers

I have emailed several charters and stil have no response. Been working pretty hard here in Sitka during the day and have not had a chance to call anyone yet. Should have all next week off and will start calling as the emails are not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Formerly Montana Bob View Post
    I have emailed several charters and stil have no response. Been working pretty hard here in Sitka during the day and have not had a chance to call anyone yet. Should have all next week off and will start calling as the emails are not working.
    N-Sanity's web site shows a wide-open schedule from mid-week next week through Labor Day.

bd

Unhappy I give up in Valdez

Well I have called eveyone who's number I can find online for Halibut fishing in Valdez including Sanity who has not updated his site and is all booked. Seems everyone is full for the week or is done with Halibut for the Season.
    Looks like I'll take a ferry ride and try Whitter.Anyone who needs a fill in or knows of a charter in the area feel free to shoot me an email or post. Just the wife and I.
    Thanks