Thread: No longer made

Angry No longer made

It appears as though Barnes no longer makes the original 250 grain X bullet for the .338 Win Mag. Only the Tripple Shock version. I still have about 100 loaded up and now I wish I had more. So the moral of this story is when you find a bullet you like buy all you can afford. I swore it would not happen to me and I know better. What a rookie move on my part. Crap!

Yeah, barnes discontinued quite a few bullets to include the xlcs (not that I had a good load for them). From what I understand, the TSXs are less tempermental in different guns. I heard of people having problems with the original X bullet. I take it there are no 250 grain TSXs?

Default XXX Barnes

They list a 250 grain Tripple Shock for the .338 Win. Mag. I just do not want to start over with the load development.

I hear you there. When I did the load development with my TSXs, I just followed their directions and started with 1 Grain over the X bullet data. I believe my bullet is .050 off the lands. I loaded the longest I could for my rifle magazine. I have a 300RUM though. There shouldn't be much of a change in loads over the original X bullet, but I understand having the time to test the loads to make sure they work as you want them to work.

Default .338 Mag...

I have a box of 49 250 grainers "X" bullets, the smooth shank ones. One bullet missing and one in there that was pulled. I let you have them for 25$ if you want then. I worked up load for the triple shoks and my gun loves them better. Lemme know. Bob

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    It appears as though Barnes no longer makes the original 250 grain X bullet for the .338 Win Mag. Only the Tripple Shock version. I still have about 100 loaded up and now I wish I had more.
    I have some of the original Barnes X bullets in .338 caliber that I would be willing to sell. Send me a PM if interested. I'm not a big fan of the X bullets. I've ran into several rifles that wouldn't shoot the X bullets. The new TSX solves most of these issues, but I've had such good luck with the Swift A-Frames I'm reluctant to use anything else.

Woody