Thread: Just purchased a 24' Osprey

Default Just purchased a 24' Osprey

Thought I would share the good news, I'll be fishing out of Homer next year in my '03 24' Osprey. The previous owner took very good care of this boat. 170 original hours on the 320hp 5.7 Volvo engine. The Osprey boat seems to be well built and well thought out. In my opinion the design of the boat is better than the Seasport 24' I had. The name of boat is "MAYOR", stop by and say hi if you see me.

Congrats, they are a nice boat. Will you be getting a slip in Homer?
    Tennessee

Thanks Snowwolfe, I really like the Osprey and hope it works out to be a good boat. I will have it moored in Homer in a transient slip; I can't wait. If there are other boats that would want to run out together to the fishing spot, I'm up for it. With 320 hp, my boat should be able to keep up with most.

Brian

Congratulations on your new boat, now its time to go buy every possible part to make it just a tad better during the winter months

This boat will be summer use only, an Alaska winter and boating doesn't sound appealing to me (or my wife). Does anyone else fish out of Homer regularly in July?, it's always good to have friends out on the open water

Congrats!!! Did you purchase this boat form a guy in Eagle River?

I would be happy to pair up with you in the summer for safety concerns. I like to run out of Homer. Keep me in mind for next summer although I can not fish on Saturday as it is my busiest work day.
    Tennessee

I bought the boat down here in the lower 48 and will be trailering it up next summer where it will be a permanent resident of Alaska (I live in Missouri). When we used to commercial salmon fish in Cook Inlet we always had buddies/friends that we would fish with, talk to on the radio, etc. It's a good feeling having friends out on the water, even if your boat is newer and you are familiar with the area. Next summer will not come soon enough.

Brian

Well welcome back to AK. That boat sounded like a guy I know in ER that might have been selling his. It has been a drive way queen for the past two years. Lots of issues.

Default Eagle River Ospry

Is that Brad's boat you are refering to?

Default Join Osprey User Forum

Congratulations on the purchase of a fine boat. I own one also which is fine in a slightly different climate (Chesapeake Bay)

May I suggest that you check out (and join) the Yahoo form for Osprey? It's at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Osprey_Boats

Nope not Brads boat, I rather not mention any names, there has been enough salt rubbed in already But I will say he has gotten alot of use out of his kicker