Thread: hual road sucsess

Default hual road sucsess

just got back yesterday (saturday) from pump station 2. sorry to hear about all the bad reports, we drove up wednsday, walked in thusrday morining, killed our caribou thursday evening and packed it out friday (rifle hunting). we walked in just south of pump station 2, there is a pull out on the left hand side on the last hill before pump station 2 (has a restroom there) and a large hill with white gravel on the oposite side of it. (hopefully yall know were i am talking about) we were getting laughed at the whole time by all the other hunters (all 10 of them) because we were rifle hunting and there were "no caribou around". nobody was laughing when we came out the next morning with meat and then later that afternoon with the head. we saw 2 caribou and a musk ox on the road and a sheep at atigun pass. fog was bad the whole time. good luck to everyone going up.

any tips on how to post pictures? i will attach the pics if some one can tell me how.

thanks
    texhunter

Default hey

awesome to hear you had some luck up there...I usually save my pictures on the website www.photobucket.com and from there just copy the url link and then when I'm trying to post it on the forum there is a little icon on the tool bar that looks like a mountain and a sun its yellow in color and just click on that and paste the link in there and you should be good to go.

Default nice work

Texhunter,

Glad to hear of your success, I was up there 2 weeks ago but it was scarse hunting. Did you hike east or west off the dalton?

we parked just south of pump station 2 in the parking area i mention and headed west, the sag river is to the east and you have to have a boat or something to be able to cross (as far as i know).

good luck if you are going up