Thread: Gun rack mounting

Default Gun rack mounting

Any one with a Argo Avenger ...where did you find the best place to mount a gun rack?

Default Gun Rack on Avenger

I keep walking past mine and a method hasn't visualized yet..... I'm waiting to see any suggestions as well.....

Default gun rack

Have you seent he upright two gun holder they use in UTV like the Ranger etc?
    That could fit on behind the seat and mounted to the seat bracket. Thinking of going that way.
    Still have not found a better solution.

Mine is mounted on the under part of the roof over the rear seats. I have a aluminum custom top on my Conquest. It works out really good and they easy to get at plus out of the way.

Default Upright two gun holder

Animaldan, I've seen this one and most likely will go with it. I had mounted the front rack mounts used on a 4-wheeler on the brush guard and again on passenger hand grip...... but didn't like the idea of riding down the trail with the firearm possibly pointing at another ATV & rider. I'd prefer something that cross mounts the firearm, to the trail, kinda' with safety in mind.

I like the over head idea of 450hunter, but don't know that I'm gonna' have a hard top. I'll likely add a soft top later this year.

Default On the windsheild

I mounted mine on the front window with self adheasive gun mounts bought at Sportsman Wharehouse.

They worked great!

Default custom Argo gun mount

My hunting partner has an avenger. I'll try to describe how he has his mounted as it seems to work pretty well. Bolt three pieces of angle iron/aluminum to the top of the back seat on each side and the center, then bolt a 2" x 8" board to that (paint to suit your taste, he painted his black to match his argo). He also took some gray foam pipe insulation and split it and glued it along the top edge of the board for padding. He also uses the board to attach and carry his outboard in the passenger area when not in use, but you can't put an outboard there and use the gun rack at the same time. Along the top back edge of the board he mounted to two metal shelf brackets, I think they are 8", then bolted a pair of those two gun "Y" gun mounts on top of the brackets. The guns stay in place, dont interfere with the rag top and can be accessed from the sides or over the back of the seat.