Thread: 07 Alaska Salmon Grand Slam

Default 07 Alaska Salmon Grand Slam

I completed my Alaska Salmon Grand Slam. I set out each summer to cath all 5 Pacific Salmon in 5 different rivers with 5 different lures. Some salmon are harvested some are released. There are those that disagree and are offended with my take on what I enjoy doing. This is for the remaining Jedi on the forum. If you would like to see some of the salmon I caught this summer set to the sound of OZZY then click and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K_52EKGCXY

Some salmon were eaten during the making of this video, some were not. Names have been changed to protect the guilty.

TSS
    Last edited by JediMasterSalmonSlayer; 08-18-2007 at 10:14. Reason: Spelling B
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Default At least you keep it fun

and you picked the right Ozzy song too. Just curious, which river were the Chums caught?

Default It's all good

TSS, nice to see the kids getting out there fishing in the other vid.

Just an fyi; in the vid you just posted, at the beginning, you have "Staring" in the opening instead of "Starring." It should be the latter...unless of course the Jedi Master Salmon Slayer is staring at us viewers <grin>. Glad you're having a good summer.
    Best,

Quote Originally Posted by FishnMan View Post
    and you picked the right Ozzy song too. Just curious, which river were the Chums caught?
    Heres the list:

Chum, Montana Creek, Egg suckin leech

Coho, Little Su River, Vibrax

Humpy, Resurrection Creek, Yarn ball

Chinook, Sheep Creek, MEPPS trophy series

Sockeye, Klutina River, Coho fly

TSS

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    TSS, nice to see the kids getting out there fishing in the other vid.

Just an fyi; in the vid you just posted, at the beginning, you have "Staring" in the opening instead of "Starring." It should be the latter...unless of course the Jedi Master Salmon Slayer is staring at us viewers <grin>. Glad you're having a good summer.
    Best,
    Bushrat I was in the Infantry for 22 years you know I can't spell.

Default Nice Job!

Great Job SS! It is a great goal every year, I wish I could do it. hopefully someday.......

That looked like two Grand slam double headers. Very nice fishing pictures and the kids looked happy even in the rain.

Default Slam in a day

It can be done in one day. Only trouble is, with all the driving involved it might take the whole 24 hours. I guess it's not important enough for me to endure the pain but I know where, when, and how it could be done. To make it a super slam, you could throw in a rainbow, dolly and grayling. It can still be done in a day. I could tell you how to do it for a small fee. Only kidding about that last part. Congrats on your slam

Quote Originally Posted by Charholio View Post
    It can be done in one day.
    I did four of the five in one day on the Russian River once. The king hookup was unintentional and I couldn't get it to break off, so I landed and released it right away. That was also the only pink I have ever caught in the Russian. The only one I didn't get that day was a chum. I was tempted to stop in Whittier and catch a chum at the end of the bay on my way home, but exhaustion and terrible weather kept me driving towards home.

Talking I did it in a day once

About two years ago on one river me and my fishing partner caught pinks, chums, silvers, sockeye and a king. The king was the one that surprise us because it was in Aug. It was a lot of fun.