Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chugach Reports

Default Chugach Reports

Any reports from those with sheep tags for 14C?
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Thumbs up

Blackfoot:

Flash from Wasilla.

Alaska Trophy Adventures takes a 43" x 42.5" x 13.5" ram.

All hunters are 100% so far.

Good and safe hunting to all

Default good

I hope it's a complete 180 from last year! Go get em

Default Where?

Any idea where? Also, is Alaska Trophy Adventures 100%, or all hunters in the park?
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fnd1734 View Post
    I hope it's a complete 180 from last year! Go get em

After 15 years in business at the end of the 2006 season, A.T.A. sheep tally stood at 116 sheep taken and 3 guys who went home without. Of those three, 2 happened in the 2006 season. That is about a 99% success rate over 14 seasons till 2006 and 97% including 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
    Any idea where? Also, is Alaska Trophy Adventures 100%, or all hunters in the park?
    Blackfoot, see above for company stats.

Of the 7 sheep taken so far for 7 hunters. 4 were taken inside the park (including 1 40"), 3 from outside the park. Including the 174" 1/2 sheep referenced above.

Of the 7 sheep, two of those were taken by Alaska Big Game Safaris/Todd Walton (A.T.A. Guide) outside the park. WWW.biggamesafarisalaska.com.

Default ?

Cold Zero we have to be talking about two different things here. I was refering to the success rate in 14C for sheep from last year. You must be referring to something else???

Cold Zero, do you have a picture of your sheep? Sounds like a hog.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusko View Post
    Cold Zero, do you have a picture of your sheep? Sounds like a hog.

kusko,

the sheep i beleive that you are referring to above , the 43" x 42" 174 1/2" sheep was not taken by me, but by a gentleman from louisiana. i feel this will be the #1 ak. sheep for this year. he is also an s.c.i. member.

i do have several photos of it. however, i lack computer skills to post it. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by fnd1734 View Post
    Cold Zero we have to be talking about two different things here. I was refering to the success rate in 14C for sheep from last year. You must be referring to something else???
    you are correct. A.T.A. had it worst year last year, 2006. They had two hunters in 14c not take a sheep. myself included. at the end of the 2006 season the company record stand at 116 and 3. i guess no one is 100%. I hunted the entire season and this in no way deterred me from hunting with them again on 14c in 2007.

hope that adresses your question?

Quote Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
    at the time you and i posted this, they were 100% both inside the park and outside the park.

season final tally not in yet. stand by for more.

Default You're killing me

How'd YOU do? I have a vested interest in the unit you were in. Do you know how any of the other 125ers did?

fullfurl,

i am on sheep overload and should have taken some written notes so that i keep things straight.

i know of at least one sheep that was taken there, in the last 96 hours by r and r , size details unknown as of yet.

there was one other sheep taken on the first hunt in there. i forgot whether it was r and r or A.T.A.. that accounts for two.

I did not make your situation worse. hope that helps.

If you have other Q's, p.m. box is crammed, email me.

good luck, you will need it. be safe, warm and dry.

Do we call it hunting or killing when you spot from the air???????It's way sad to see that it's all about numbers and scores,oh did i forget money....

SHEEP MAN;

Was wondering if you own a plane, or are a pilot?

No, and if i did i wouldn't fly until i found what i was looking for,it just doesn't seem like hunting to me???? There sure would be a lot more big sheep on the mountain for those that put in the effort,wouldn't you agree. Maybe that 175 pt ram would still be running around??????

Lightbulb hunting, not straffing at animals staked to target area

sheepman;

ak. state law says that you can not fly and hunt on the same day. i think most people follow that.

no one at a.t.a. knew the 174 sheep was there. if they did, it would be a safe bet that i would have been the one to go in after it.

the la. resident who did take that sheep, fired 8-9 shots at 80-90 yds at a 150's class sheep 2-3 days before the guide found the big one. i also don't think the the guide would have allowed his client to shoot at a sheep 25 pts smaller, if he knew the big one was in the area.

in short, yes i do call that hunting in the truest sense.

cold zero, let me tell you a little about myself, i've lived in alaska all my life and i've guided for some of the best names in the business,which i happen to know most of the folks that you learned under, i won't mention any names but i can tell you that most if not all good sheep that are taken by your former employer were spotted from the air,you don't get a near 40'' Average by not covering alot of ground,by the way i know what the alaska law says,and your right... happy hunting

ahhh guides, we make ourselves look good don't we?!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I would like to post a couple of sheep photos. how do i go about that, for the computer handicapped?

thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast