Thread: Bombproof TNF tent on ebay

Default Bombproof TNF tent on ebay

The North Face Apogee. 4 man, 4 season, expedition, single wall comparable to the Bibler Bombshelter. Weighs 10lbs. Light for a tent this size. Most 2 man 4 season bombproof tents weigh 10lbs. I have one of my own and here is one for sale on ebay. Awesome for two guys, packs and all gear fit inside with room to spare.

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-North-Face-A...QQcmdZViewItem

Here's me and mine.

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Thumbs down

" I only accept Paypal. I cannot ship outside of the lower 48 states....." Blah Blah Blah..... Same old story. I guess the post office isn't in business down there.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Open to AK bidding

This item is open to AK bidding as of 08/18/07....

Scroll to the bottom of the ebay add...

Thanks for bringing that up guys. If you can get it shipped to AK this is one skookum tent. The body/vestibule weighs 8lbs so if your packing with two guys you can't split up the weight more than that but no biggie. I hauled mine in DCUA walkin last year. My buddie carried the poles and stakes and sotve and fuel. It was nice to have a tent that I know could withstand high wind and snow if need be, especially being 2 days from the truck. We did have some high winds. Plus if you get weathered in for a few days it's nice to have the room.

my .02
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Talking

Ha!

I sent the guy a message yesterday complaining about the lower 48 thing and he replied saying thanks for catching it and that he now opened it up for AK.

Truth and justice triumphs over evil!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Nice job.
    I will add this. If anyone reading this gets this tent you MUST seam seal it in a few key places according to North Face. I missed a couple spots on mine and had some seepage. I have since taken care of it.

Default Snyd,

Is yours a 2 man or 4 man? Just does not look that big in the picture. Wait till we talk and I tell you about how my "dumpster diver Kelty" did in the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak River Rat View Post
    Is yours a 2 man or 4 man? Just does not look that big in the picture. Wait till we talk and I tell you about how my "dumpster diver Kelty" did in the wind.
    TNF calls it a 4 man high altitude tent. It's designed for 4 climbers (Denali/Everst type) to be able to sleep crosswise. It's about 6.5x8ft plus the vestible, 48inches high. Internal dimensions which are also the pitch dimensons since it's a single wall, internal pole pitch. Here's one of us inside with our heads resting on our packs layed crosswise we slipped in through the back (triangular) door.

I've never had a tent like this one and man I sure do like it. Once I got the venting figured out. Don't zip it up tight with two wet guys and a pile of raingear in the lowlands with no breeze! That's what the vents are for... duh....

Here's the only info I could ever find online. There were 3 other smaller tents in this line back in 95 or 96. The Apogee 24 was a 2 man smaller version. http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Tr...singlewall.htm

Single wall tents are awesome for the weight, but like Snyd said make sure you don't zip them up tight. They don't breath as much double wall tents unless you have the vents open. Those North Face expedition tents are awesome in the wind. I highly recommend them.