Thread: Nosler Accubond Results??

Default Nosler Accubond Results??

I am seeking info from people who have shot big game animals with Nosler Accubonds. Info such as accuracy, weight retention, penetration, size of entrance/exit hole, overall success or failure of the bullet, what part of the body the animal was shot, approx muzzle velocity, etc.

I handload 180 gr Sierra Gamekings at about 2950 in my Tikka 300 wsm. They shoot very accurately, have produced 4 out of 4 drop in there tracks kills (moose, bou, sheep), and are fairly cheap.

I guess I am just interested in tinkering around with another bullet that might hold together a bit better at these velocities in case I hit a leg or shoulder blade.

Thanks.

Default oops

I guess this question is better suited for the handloading forum. I will post it there.

I shot a 40 inch bull moose last year and hit him in the back/hump. Not a lot of meat and bone to have to go through but it was at about 350 yds. Broke his spine and of course dropped him in his tracks. Recovered a nice little mushroomed accubond that weighs 140gr. It actually retained exaclty what nosler said it would. 70% of its weight. It also shot 2 sheep (mine and my buddies) both were pass throughs as to be expected. One at 400 yds shoulders. One double lunger breaking a rib in and out at 200. Just poked a nice little hole.

My Kimber 325wsm shoots the factory loaded 200gr accubonds sub moa at 100 yds. 2 weeks ago at the range I put 2 side by side an inch apart at 300yds.

My gun likes them. Here's a pic of the 200gr accubond I recovered from the moose.

Oh, but I have just loaded up some 220gr gamekings to see how they shoot. Haven;t shot them yet.

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default Nosler AB

Brooks Range, '05, 35 degree incline at 6200', lasered 400 yds, Dakota 7mm, 160 gr. Accubond at 3150 fps, bullet entered behind right scapula and exited midchest.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up Accubond

225gr AB @ 200 yards in my 338 Win......handload!

Sierra Gameking excellent bullet also......killed alot of game with them!
    Alaska

Default Accubond

Thanks guys. I think I will try them out.

Thumbs up AB

http://www.shootersproshop.com/

Cheap place to buy AB

Make sure you call in your order and tell them your in AK shipping will be cheaper. Do not order on line.
    Alaska

Default .375 Accubond

A friend I took hunting last year stuck a 57 inch moose in the front of the head with a 260 grain Accubond out of his .338-.375. Range was about 15 yards. I think he runs them between 2500 and 2600 fps. m.v. It did not exit. Dead moose though. I told him the 250 X out of my .338 would have exited on that shot. We do not agree who or what makes the best hunting bullet. Since he usually kills something with one shot every year it really does not matter. We just like talking about hunting bullets.