Thread: funny things kids say about wildlife.

Default funny things kids say about wildlife.

my 5 year old daughter was watching the geese fly over in formation getting ready to head south...

She looks at me and asks Daddy how are we supposed to shoot them when they are flying in the Air that high up....

I thought it was cute I had to give her a hug and say thats my girl always thinking about how to put game on the table.

Talking

"Daddy, what is that thing hanging from the horse's belly?"

"Daddy, why is one a whitefish and the other a grayling?"

"Daddy, why is it called a caribou?"

"Daddy, why did it sting me?"

"Daddy, why don't other people eat beaver?"

"Daddy, why did that man think that killing moose was bad?"

"Daddy, why is that one squirrel chasing the other one?"

"Daddy, why is Nipper doing that to Bossy?"

"Daddy, what's inside the guts?"

"Can I see?"

"Can we eat it?"

"Why not?"

...the list is endless

Default Not exactly about wildlife but still funny

When my daughter was 2 1/2 I got her started helping me pull the tails of the shrimp and toss the heads over board. She would tell each shrimp that their tail would grow back and it will be okay. I still cannot figure out where she came up with that one. I sure love being a Dad!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Default My daughter

I remember when my daughter was about six years old, we sat down to dinner and after the first bite she grimaced and said, "Daddy, this meat tastes funny." I smiled at my wife, turned to my daughter and said, "Honey, that's beef." I realized that it was the first time she'd had any meat besides wild game. What can I say? She's Alaska born and raised!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    I remember when my daughter was about six years old, we sat down to dinner and after the first bite she grimaced and said, "Daddy, this meat tastes funny." I smiled at my wife, turned to my daughter and said, "Honey, that's beef." I realized that it was the first time she'd had any meat besides wild game. What can I say? She's Alaska born and raised!

-Mike
    Wow. What a privilege to have had that upbringing. I lived off bison and moose for a year straight, and yeah, beef did taste funny when I went back to it.

3 year old niece to her 5 year old sister "why isn't that deer running from uncle Rick" "Cause it's dead" "Why?" "Cause were gona eat him silly"

Default Camping trip!

MY daughter ( 7 ) and I were camping this summer. When a squirrel ran through camp. She looked at me and said " daddy where's your gun" I told here the only gun I had was my Bear pistol. .454. She said " so shoot it anyways, we can cook it over the fire" I told her that if I shot it with that gun that it would explode. " But daddy I will help look for the peices"

That was a proud moment for me. I made here a smore and she was happy for the rest of the night.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Default 2 year old

The first time I took my boy hunting he was 2. Loaded up the truck with dogs, shotgun, kid stuff, and lots of snacks. Got to the area I wanted to look for grouse.
    Out we all piled, 2 crazy labs and a 2 year old dressed in a purple coat. Up the road we walked, gun laid in the crook of my arm, dogs casting about. I let the boy set the pace, and after exploring each and every little special rock, stick, hare pellet, etal, we covered 200 yards in 15 minutes.
    About there, he looks at me and say, "daddy, I'm tired. Will you carry me?" No I said, we are hunting, and I have a gun in my hand. It would not be safe. But I can hold your hand and we can walk further or head back to the truck.
    He looked up the road, and back to the truck, and thoughtfully said, "I think we have gone far enough for one day."
    What a great day to be in the woods huh?

When my younger sister was 6 or so she saw some elephants mating on TV. She promptly announced to the room "Look, their going to the circus!". I'll never think of the circus the same way again.
    Chris Willhoite