Thread: New argo frontier

Default New argo frontier

Anybody looking for a new argo go check out the NEW Argo Frontier, Awsome looking machine it looks like a Response and Avenger mated , It is is a tall as the Avenger but has a 23 hp Briggs (PULL START BACKUP) Thats a plus in my book , The new tires they have on it will run Plastic or rubber tracks and the battery is located under the seat. I'll be getting one of those next season.
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default Avenger

just got one today. already a step up from Conquest.

Was not talking about the Avenger ,I was talking about the FRONTIER Jason had a 6x6 at the shop but not the 8 wheeler yet.

Default 8x8 ?

I looked at the Argo site and it only showed it available in a 6X6 for 07'.

I think Jason said they should get some in OCT. but do not quote me on that

I'm looking for a set of used tracks for a 2000 Conquest if anybody has a set or know of any. Thanks

There was a set of Super tracks on Craigs list the other day for $500 I called but they were gone "WHAT A SURPRISE"

Default 450Hunter

Have you considered dual wheels all around rather'n tracks, meaning 16 wheels/tires? There's a website that Roger sent me to and they're advertising such an add-on. I can't find any comments as of yet as to applicability in the field. My observations are that most of the guys on this website don't get very far from their trailer. These guys seek out mudholes while I'll avoid them if possible. I'd like to know about the 'wear & tear' on the unit with 16 tires vs. 8 tires w/ tracks. An extra 8 tires & rims seem cheaper than a set of tracks but I don't know. You wouldn't need the spacers for the tracks, but you would need to change out your rims for the dual wheel use. However, the inside rim's design would hafta' function as a spacer for clearance. Greater floatation along with increased speed with 16 tires. You'd need a wider trail for sure. Dunno. As a true novice with only 6 hours on my Avenger, I'm just looking at possibilities.

I would rather have tracks. One reason is you would need a wide trailer to haul iton and the other is most trail aren't that wide. Plus that would be alot harder on the machine I beleive.

Dually setup is interesing idea but it would play havoc on the axle bearings I think.
    Mike
    Last edited by Mike Echo; 08-22-2007 at 22:34. Reason: added an s, all eight axle bearings :-)
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Echo View Post
    Dually setup is interesing idea but it would play havoc on the axle bearings I think.
    Mike

I agree with that !! Besides an argo with tracks is hard enough to turn , More flat tires ,Bent axles and bearings I just changed out 2 sets today put 300 hrs on one of mine since June 1 and I'm running Super tracks, The ground just never got hard enough to drop the tracks this season.

Default After 6 hours of use....

I was mostly looking for opposing views, & why. Thanks. Those 6 hours were on the snow this past spring going in to bear bait, & it was impressive. In a couple of weeks, I plan on using it on a moose hunt and will really find out how well it works, having travelled to the same site via 4-wheeler. It's been suggested I'll need a 'booster' cushion as the seat gets pretty hard after awhile....