Thread: Youth Moose Hunt Help!!! Point Mackenzie

Default Youth Moose Hunt Help!!! Point Mackenzie

My 11 year old son drew his first cow moose tag (DM412) and I wanted to see if any of you could point us in the right direction as far as where to look or land owners who would be willing to let a young person hunt on their property. Thanks in Advance!!!

There are maps available of each drawing hunt area. Prior to the season opener, I would get one and then go familiarize myself with the road/river system, creeks, properties, atv trails, and moosy-looking areas. If you see someplace that you like and there's a property sign/line that, to you, appears questionable, start knocking on doors. Take your son with you too. Getting permission prior to the season is sometimes better than banging on a door after the opener. You might not have any problems at all and get an easy one while driving into your area on your first day out. Good luck..

Default Lots of moose early in the morning...

in the Lake Loraine area of Point MacKinzee, near the UA Farm system there...

I drew that tag a few years ago. Cows are everywhere early in the morning. Just go walk the clearings under the powerline intertie at daybreak. You shouldn't have any problem finding a few to make a stalk on.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....