Thread: shot placement game

Default shot placement game

http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/FEATU.../DEERGEOMETRY/
    just read and click next until you begin.

Sweet game. 96 the second time. Got pissed at the running one and just started clicking like a madman to get me a 67!

I got 68 the first time through, had to click on some of those within a fraction of a micrometer 6 times or more. couldn't place them any better with a rifle LOL
    Justin

73 first time around. Fun

I did pretty good. One shot seemed far back to be a quartering shot.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Talking I swear I can shoot.....really

very few things (this week) have pissed me off more than this game...

Thanks for getting the blood pressure up....

BTW... the running shot can KMA pretty much spent all my points on that one....

Sent it to my buddies, now they hate me...
    "The rich... who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own excellence, these are the real enemies of game".... Theodore Roosevelt's A Principle of the Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by akndres View Post
    BTW... the running shot can KMA
    I hear ya.....that one screwed me too!!!

I got a -39 score my first go-around. I'm ready to buy a bow.

Default Running shot

Based on the "running shot" we set up for 3D shoots (we have a wire between trees, a target slides down the wire on pulleys) the game has you leading the animal by far too little. The kill in the game is where you'd shoot our sliding animal at @ 18 yards rather than 30, and there is no way our foam target moves as fast a a deer at a run.
    They also have a shot straight down on a deer from a treestand, which scores only if you dead center the spine, which is not a very good bet.

I decided those shots, as well as the quartering away one AK Gray mentioned, weren't right, and might trick a new archer into shots which shouldn't be taken.
    I'd be happier if they limited their shots to ones which an archer should take, rather than having you take the shot, then mentioning afterwards that the shot they presented should not be attempted.

I hear ya raven... the spine shot is never a good one. I shot a whitetail doe one time. She was literally, at the base of the tree. I was up the tree 10 feet. So do the math and you get about a 7-8 ft shot. The arrow entered about two inches left of the spine and exited about two inches right of the breast bone. The doe didn't know she was hit. She walked about 10 feet, looked around, stomped her foot twice, then fell over.... You never want to aim directly for the spine when you have heart and lungs readily available....

I was in the negative pretty quick. you all are right, there was some shots that I would argue with "bowsite". However, it's their toy and they can put the shots where they want them. I just hope new hunters won't think they are ready for running shots, spine shots, etc.

As a game it's kinda fun... as a teaching tool... not so much. Other may disagree and that's O.K., I see their point... Just my .02
    "The rich... who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own excellence, these are the real enemies of game".... Theodore Roosevelt's A Principle of the Hunt

Was looking through old posts, kind of a fun game, scored a a 92 first time through. first chance luck?

That was a good little quiz. I got 96 because of that dang running shot. I was hoping they'd have a pass button for that shot and the one where you shoot between two close trees. In a real hunting situation, I would have passed on both unless they were wounded.

Sweet test. thanks for posting.