Thread: Rams sealed in Fbks this season

Default Rams sealed in Fbks this season

Well I was at F&G this morning (Aug 15) with FALCON from the forums here to take pics of them drilling a hole in his rams horns I looked at the list and his was number 24. Seems like quite a few to me since the season is only 5 days old. What do you all think? I have no idea how many they average per season.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default Plug number.........

Was his plug number 24? Here in Washington, last year, when I took my California bighorn down to have plugged the biologist issued me plug number 16. The sheep came from a unit that had a harvest quota of 10 (my sheep was the 9th harvested). I asked about that and he said that before season, when plug's are made available, the biologist's just reach in and grab the amount of plug's they need without regard's to numerical order.

Default sealing post...

It's seems a bit early; many guys are yet to get afield.

Maybe a "Sheep sealing 2007" post for all of Alaska is in order in a few weeks...

Pop a sticky on it for easy access?

You could probably edit this one, Snyd.
    My scant two pennies...
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail View Post
    Was his plug number 24? Here in Washington, last year, when I took my California bighorn down to have plugged the biologist issued me plug number 16. The sheep came from a unit that had a harvest quota of 10 (my sheep was the 9th harvested). I asked about that and he said that before season, when plug's are made available, the biologist's just reach in and grab the amount of plug's they need without regard's to numerical order.
    No, he was the 24th guy in with a Ram and the season has only been open since the 10th. Not sure how they do the plug number thing. It just seemed to me that that was quite a few Rams for only 5 days into the season. But like I said, I have no idea what would be considered normal.

fullkurl,
    I'll leave that up to one of the mods of the hunting forum. I was just curious as to what others may have seen over the years.

Perry
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again