Thread: Sag/Ivashak Help

Question Sag/Ivashak Help

Okay fellas,
    I need the most up-to-date info on the water levels at the launch on the Sag. We are leaving Friday night/Saturday morning and pulling up one air boat and one extream shallow tunnel hull jet. Do we need to drag the jet boat that far or can we get it in? I've read the other post in reguards to this but most are a few weeks old, and some say yes and others say no. So let me have it! Thanks

little rain yesterday, cloudy here all day might be raining alot in mountains???51 degrees today
    heard there was a tundra fire west of happy valley. friend saw it.
    watch you p's and Q's lots of enforcement has been up there.
    friend had zodiac with jet went a short ways into echooka (sp) , river off ivashak launched at 45.5 mile 3-4 days ago, so i do not think a decent tunnel jet will have any problem.
    i should be there by sunday night, head home tonight and back north sat.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

shouldn't be a problem with either boat. I got back last sunday. My brother and I took my 14' jon boat with a lift and 15 hp prop up there without much difficulty. You shouldn't have any problems with the jet boat. The hardest part with those heavier boats is getting them off the trailer. The water water dropping fast after 3-4 HOT days, but it sounds like it rained a little since so the water should be higher now.
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
    Henry Ford

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for the info guys, this is what we're looking for. Riverboater, just curious on how far back you two went to get those nice bulls?

Talking

OH, I would say somewhere between 5-10 miles back :-)
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
    Henry Ford

Exclamation Boats vs Haul Rd/Sag

Just got back this morning from a week up North. Stopped in at the launch by Pump 2 and talked with some guys there on the 13th. They took 3 boats up, put a hole in one on the drive up and never launched it. They took 2 boats up the 'shak and came back with 1 Bou (5 or 6 guys) a hole in one boat and a tear in the bottom of the other. They reported river had dropped and some channels were down to 5-6' wide that were good on the way up.

Talked to another group at Coldfoot with 2 boats on the 10th. They had 2 of the 6 Bou they saw. 1 boat had to get left up there with a broken axle.

The best set-up I saw (had 1 Bou in boat @ Deadhorse) was a jon/jet on a double axle car-hauler trailer. Road didn't seem to bother him.

Main reason I stopped was to see how much damage to boats from the drive/river as I had considered taking mine up and opted not too. I'm thinking it was a good decision.

So, for those 3 groups....I tally up the score to: boats 2 - River/Road 4.

Not discouraging anyone, just passing on observations/info.

AK_BigO