Thread: Who did you use for chartering out of Homer?

Default Who did you use for chartering out of Homer?

If you have chartered a boat out of Homer can you post your experience and the captain you used. How was the trip? Would you go again?

I'm planning to go to Homer for halibut fishing and want to know which charters are "reliable". This will be my first trip and hopefully won't be the last and I want to make sure that I'm not flying over 3000 miles for nothing.

Thumbs up A reliable charter

is JoyceMarieCharters, (Google them for info), they are out of Anchor Point. The boat time to get to the fishing grounds is shorter than Homer, and Capt. Aaron prides himself in getting on the fish. My brother flies up here every year, this is the one we take. Anchor Point is only a short drive from Homer. Also, Capt. Aaron doesn't have an "attitude" like some of the other charter captains we have fished with. One thing to keep in mind, there are never any "guarantees". Thats why it is called "fishing'" instead of "catching". We have always limited out with him, but weather and other variables can play a part. He does the best one can do to insure you have a safe and productive trip. Good Luck!!

Smile Homer Halibut Charters

From personal experience I would recommend the following Charters:
    #1 Falcon Charters - http://falconcharters.com/ Tony knows his stuff.
    #2 Inlet Charters - http://halibutcharters.com/ Has to be Phil Warren as captain or forget it.

I'm sure there are many fine charters in Homer, but I can personally vouch for these two. In other words I put my money where my mouth is and go with these guys. I believe that falcon is booked for all of July.

Good Luck!

before I had my boat I used K-bay charters when Steve and Rose owned it. They were the best. They treated my family not like clients but like family.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default charter recomendation

Mike and Mary Huff with Captains Mike charter. They are the best. I always recomend them to our guests in the hotel, Chef Viktor

Default charter recomendation

Mike and Mary Huff with Captains Mike charter. They are the best. I always recomend them to our guests in the hotel, Chef Viktor