Thread: Silver Fishing At Allison Point-Valdez?

Default Silver Fishing At Allison Point-Valdez?

So, my family and I try and make an annual drive to Allison Point every year to fill our freezer with salmon, unfortunately, sometimes our timing has been badly decided. Does anyone know if the Silver fishing is VERY good from the bank at Allison Point yet? Its a very long drive with kids and an expensive trip for my family, so any good advise would be greatly appreciated. Tonya

I was there this past weekend and there were reports of a "few" silvers available from shore.(we were in a boat) I would not expect to head down there just yet and be able to fill the freezer.
    However, Sat. night there seemed to be a bunch of silvers coming through the narrows to anderson bay where we were camping. So they are headed that way.
    btw the pinks are still ridicuously thick It will be hard to get through em at this time. Hope this helps... Good luck

Default Labor Day

Labor Day weekend is traditionally the best weekend. After that the seiners clean them up. It should be good this year. Nice 12-15 pounders early this week and still lots of fish out in Galena Bay.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Thankyou, thankyou! We are still eating on all the pinks I canned last year 2006, and I believe getting silvers this year would be the best and tastiest thing to do.

Default Shoot

Shoot me a PM before you come down and I will give you the latest info.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Hows fishing for silvers going to be this weekend at Allison Point, Aug. 25th?

Default crowd?

How crowded does it get down there on labor day weekend? Is it worth it to go down there if it is?

Everytime we have been there, when the pinks or the silvers are in at Allison Point it is shoulder to shoulder fishing.