Thread: Archery Range @ Mat-Su College

Default Archery Range @ Mat-Su College

I heard some organization has a range on the grounds at the campus of Mat-Su college. I forgot the name of the outfit and does anybody else shoot there? If you've got any info good/bad anything, let me know.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    I heard some organization has a range on the grounds at the campus of Mat-Su college. I forgot the name of the outfit and does anybody else shoot there? If you've got any info good/bad anything, let me know.
    There's a range there that a person can go and use anytime of the day and any day of the year. There approx. 20 pillow targets there that are on a course. You can shoot uphill, downhill and of course flat. I go there several times a year. That's where Fletchers holds their spring bear 3-d shoot's in April. Which by the way is AWESOME! There is also a large sign there that tells you who the organization is and to basically use it but don't abuse it at your own risk. The only drawback is that it's located at the far end of the parking lot. That's not a big deal when you can drive right up to it, but the entrance to the college is a 1/4 mile or so away off of Trunk rd with a gate. Most of the time, that gate is open, sometimes it's not. I don't like parking my rig on the road up there, it's not the walk that bothers me... Hope this helps...

Allot of 3-d tourny are held there in the winter and spring.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default T.A.A.

Traditional Archers of Alaska use to hold shoots there during the winter, but now they shoot at the Boyd Farm off of the Palmer-Fishook rd.

Default the club

you are supposed to be a member of thier club in order to use the targets adn the range unless you are at a designated target shoot or an bow ed class. I don't remember the organizations name though
    Justin

Isn't it the ASAA run the range?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Isn't it the ASAA run the range?
    ASAA? Help me out.....

Default Asaa

ASAA is the Alaska State Archery Association.
    Their President is Markus Doerry, who lives in Chugiak/Peters Creek.
    You can probably find his phone number in the book, or they may have a website?????? Not sure about that. If you cannot find them that way, try Fletchers Archery in Wasilla.
    Last time I was there, their targets, which are big block targets with overlays of game animals, had not been cared for in some time (this was as of the 3D shoot Fletchers put on last May)
    It's still a cool place to shoot though, and there is a target where you can back all the way off to 80 yards- You access the trail from the back of the parking lot at Mat-Su college. I've never seen anyone else there when I've gone to shoot. It's a way under-utilized resource.