Thread: Homer Silvers?

Default Homer Silvers?

Anyone have word on silvers out of Homer? Heard a few being picked up around the green can, but that the main schools are still out by Kennedy Entrance/Elizabeth Islands.

Anyplace out around Poggi Point that are catching them? The Bluffs producing? leaving today thru Monday to look for them.
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...

never mind... we found 'em!! LOL

After catching a number of halibut about 25 miles from Homer, we saw a silver following a baited jig to the surface and switched to trolling - knocked 'em dead. Got some fat silvers on boat... in the 15-16 pound range!

Water was as flat as I've seen it - a GREAT day on the water, with a friend from out of state who has never fished for 'buts or salmon before.
    200hp Honda 4stroke

Default Homer

Swissy, I will fishing in Homer next week. What area did you pick up the silvers?

Thanks
    mark

we were out about 25 miles almost due west from Homer, mid point between Anchor Point and Pogi point. If the silvers are still in, you'll see boats! we counted 16 in the general area. Some were trolling, and I am pretty sure the others were jigging. We picked a couple up today right next to the boat... we were reeling in to move and halibut fish and saw some silvers following our lines in, so we tossed them back out about 10 feet and picked a couple more up right next to the boat! Loads of fun for my out of state guests!

not as hot and heavy today, but still pretty good. lots of targets under the boat, but not as hungry today I suppose. We also saw boats trolling around the green can.
    200hp Honda 4stroke

Also heard reports that silvers were pretty hot around Pogi Point Yesterday. We were out the 25 miles again and picked up a bunch more... some nice hogs too!! My scale was busted, but I'm guessing in the 14-16 pound range. Friday I had a working scale and the best topped 16.3 pounds!
    200hp Honda 4stroke

Default Try the mooch

We were out in the same area last week and had a steady pick with a light tackle (12lb.) two hook mooch set up with a 2 oz. lead 30 pulls down. We used red label herring.