Thread: Simpson Bay / Cordova?

Default Simpson Bay / Cordova?

Anyone ever fished this area for silvers?

I keep hearing about this area called "Hole in the Wall"....is this worth exploring?

I'm trying to line up a trip over Labor Day weekend and have strongly considered the area.

If anyone has any reccommendations / comments, I'd love to hear more.

Thank much!

Smile Cordova Simpson Bay

I have fished there for years [25+] it's not the greatest but sometimes you can nail quite a few fish, go into the hole at the start of high tide and get out at the start of out going, out front in about 100 to 50 ft of water you can pick up nice halibut at times, fish the back of Simpson at the mouth of the lagoon at the same time frame and you can pick up nice fish at times, 8lbs to 14lbs would be what to expect, there so many better places to fish within 20 miles of that spot we only use it when the weather is bad or turning bad, # 5 Vribrex, hot pink, fire red, or silver will do the trick most times , or any flashing bright flies..............

Thanks for the advice Eyakman...

If you had a day for a fly-out (From CDV), what would be your top choice?

It's always nice to get the 'local' perspective. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by JimJimmers View Post
    Thanks for the advice Eyakman...

If you had a day for a fly-out (From CDV), what would be your top choice?

It's always nice to get the 'local' perspective. Thanks again!
    Simpson Bay isn't a bad option if you are just looking for a change of scenery. Hell's Hole isn't a bad option either (just inside Red Head in Port Gravina). Thats probably best for a day trip though......

At the end of the day the best silver fishing you will find is on the road system outside of Cordova. The Eyak, Alaganic, and Ibek should have plenty of fish that time of year.